Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He only plays there for Belgium though Zat. Emery is one of the most tactically astute coaches in football and he is playing Onana in a 2 atm. Don't forget it's also how you play that 2, we just bypassed them most of the time.

Which is why we dont need a DM as we dont use one. Its 2 CMs.

I'd rather we look at a CM who is more on attacking (Chukwuemeka) or a winger (Gnonto) than a DM for example.

Problem is to me he just sees Harrison and McNeill as secondary full backs so given Bournemouth are next up in the league and they have plenty of pace in final third and then after the break it's Villa with Bailey, Watkins etc I can't see him changing the wide options.

Doucoure is the most expendable player currently in final third with what he's producing. If he's not scoring or getting on the end of chances he's not going to be producing much else that the two new guys couldn't just getting onto the pitch.

Branthwaite was in for Wolves at home so it was the third league game when he mixed the team up (Dobbin also started).

I think someone like Gnonto has strong defensive stats so could be a firm favourite of Dyche.

He is far more Tarkowski than Branthwaite, we should have gone for Greaves if we wanted a Branthwaite replacement.

Yes, many saying O'Brien is a Branthwaite replacement but seems a right sided backup for Tarkowski.

Agree we have to do something accept reasonable bids for DCL any of Maupay, Holgate even Doucoure to get two or three in. Probably not realistic but we have to be proactive.

We just need to put the cash together and sign 1 player who can take us up a level.

I'd rather we look at a CM who is more on attacking (Chukwuemeka) or a winger (Gnonto) than a DM for example.

I think someone like Gnonto has strong defensive stats so could be a firm favourite of Dyche.

Yes, many saying O'Brien is a Branthwaite replacement but seems a right sided backup for Tarkowski.

We just need to put the cash together and sign 1 player who can take us up a level.

We don’t have the cash

Depending on where you look Chukwumenka is on between £100-120k per week which is massive so I don't see that happening and as much as Thelwell seems to want Gnonto I'd rather not myself, just don't think he is that good.

Dyche knows he should have won that Brighton game. Their road record was abysmal and they even looked it to open the game. But we have so many injuries and he didn’t do himself a single favor when he opted not to give the new guys an opportunity worth having. Dom in my mind has been an albatross for the first two which makes me ask why did he start at Spurs when he asked for a move and isn’t there mentally?

Dyche could have had a pass but he opted to go with the old guard. That’s on him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back