Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Players for me would break down into longer term signings of younger players seems to be the DoF pushing.

Veterans with lots of league experience on short terms deals, seems to be very much Dyches mo
I don't think that is correct.

We all know that we need a balanced squad.
We need young players at an affordable price who can develop and improve over time, probaly to be sold on at a profit.

At the same time we need experienced players around these young lads to help keep us in the league. We have stopped paying money for the older players or at least stopped paying large fees.

It is common sense and financial contraints which is driving our recruitment model at the moment.

I can see absolutely nothing concrete which indicates that the manager and dof are at odds over recruitment.

It's really difficult for managers in general, as it feels like conflicting demands. That being said, the more modern coach definitely needs to work within the structure of the club more. We have, with the possible exception of Silva not really selected managers who do that.

The Brainthwaite issue is fair, and is probably a counter point in Dyche's favour, but at times he has been too reluctant to play newer players.

After August, if we are not seeing the likes of O'Brien, Lindstrom, NDiaye etc over guys like Keane then I just can't see him being renewed.

I can kind of understand the Lindstrom one, in that he hasn't played a lot of 90s, but the Keane over OBrien issue seems mad, as he looks perfectly fit, and very fast which we have missed.

I wonder though, if with new owners, stadium built and income coming in, hopefully PSR resolved if it will be time to go in a different direction at the end of the season. Dyche will have done the job we wanted from him and we can move forward positively.

The thing with Keane is look how many minutes before this season he'd played in the last 9 months, at that point Dyches argument falls down.

Well Dyche knows he hasn’t got the time or the leeway to blood younger players
He hasn’t got a first 11 that will allow him give a young player game time
He knows he is under the spotlight so needs results now
Hence the experienced players he thinks he can trust to do a job
People on here would be giving the manager grief if he concentrated on young players and then got us relegated.

You simply will never satisfy all supporters.... so you largely ignore them and do what you think is best.

To be fair, the best DoF set up in the UK is probably Brighton, but Tony Bloom makes the managerial appointments

But in a weird way it does follow the pattern as he chooses his DoF to suit the system bloom insisted they play so choosing managers he's never gonna conflict really with the DoF.

In essence he served as the original DoF himself setting in the system and style of play and recruited DoFs who mirror that.

To be fair, the best DoF set up in the UK is probably Brighton, but Tony Bloom makes the managerial appointments
In the end, Dyche was appointed to get us out of relegation, no idea why we gave him 3 years of contract tho. Long-term he's not the solution.

Takes years to etablish such a system, but Kev makes a good job with transfers overall.

Erik Pieters was Dutch.
It's really difficult for managers in general, as it feels like conflicting demands. That being said, the more modern coach definitely needs to work within the structure of the club more. We have, with the possible exception of Silva not really selected managers who do that.

The Brainthwaite issue is fair, and is probably a counter point in Dyche's favour, but at times he has been too reluctant to play newer players.

After August, if we are not seeing the likes of O'Brien, Lindstrom, NDiaye etc over guys like Keane then I just can't see him being renewed.

I can kind of understand the Lindstrom one, in that he hasn't played a lot of 90s, but the Keane over OBrien issue seems mad, as he looks perfectly fit, and very fast which we have missed.

I wonder though, if with new owners, stadium built and income coming in, hopefully PSR resolved if it will be time to go in a different direction at the end of the season. Dyche will have done the job we wanted from him and we can move forward positively.

The only one id quibble about not starting be would be Illy, but also think he has had to earn the shirt and i think his performance against Doncaster hes really staked a claim - its going to be interesting.

O'Brien for me is succession planning, i didn't think him and JT were great in preseason as partner ship particularly with balls over the top. Branthwaite is in as we know. Think he needs to grow into it here.

Lindstrom ill go against the grain - didn't look great to me on Tues, hes not ready, he has a trick in him and a delivery - but hes not ready to start and the game passes him by a bit at the moment, hes one that has to grow into it.

Then we have Tim - who to be very fair earned his spot - that's how it should be with all the above.

We really need some decent wingers! McNeil and Harrison are crap championship level wingers. I really fear for our status as a Premier League team if we persist with them!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back