Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

To be fair I doubt Maupay was on their lists at the start of that summer. But like this year we had a little money and had to do deals with small down payments.
If you believe the rumours that Summer we wanted Cornet, but Burnley wanted a big down payment, so we got McNeil, garner would have been small down payment, probably Onana to, even though he was 30mil

We wanted Kudus, Broja was linked all summer, then when we couldn’t get them It was Che Adams, Southampton wanted 25mil so on deadline day we had one fit striker which was Rondon.

Apparently we also were close to getting Gibbs white, but ultimately couldn’t do it because of finances

Oh with the ability to choose the next manager and even a fraction of the money we pissed up the wall under Moshiri - especially that season of the ten number tens - I think he could turn the squad around pretty damn quickly.

Not sure if there's a DoF in football whose had a harder job than he has over the past two and a half years.

Zero money, sell to only be able to spend a fraction reinvesting, and academy that was shocking under unsworth. Huge long term contracts for failed players (almost unmovable on) a wave structure that was completely broken and needed to be halved - with zero ability to quick fix the problem, a chairman and owner initially both meddling in things both with separate agendas. And saddled with a managerial choice from the owner which is polar opposite from his own ideas of system and style.

Fact he didn't walk or just give up is a testament to him taking the job damn serious, hopefully he gets a s chance in the coming years to work with a lot more freedom

Well Dyche knows he hasn’t got the time or the leeway to blood younger players
He hasn’t got a first 11 that will allow him give a young player game time
He knows he is under the spotlight so needs results now
Hence the experienced players he thinks he can trust to do a job

Agreed mate, I also think Dyche could have a ten year contract though and he wouldn't change what he liked or players he wanted here.

Funny thing is though last season the best player by far was exactly that a young player getting blooded in the league - Branthwaite, so far this one the best player has been exactly the same - Tim.

Oh with the ability to choose the next manager and even a fraction of the money we pissed up the wall under Moshiri - especially that season of the ten number tens - I think he could turn the squad around pretty damn quickly.

Not sure if there's a DoF in football whose had a harder job than he has over the past two and a half years.

Zero money, sell to only be able to spend a fraction reinvesting, and academy that was shocking under unsworth. Huge long term contracts for failed players (almost unmovable on) a wave structure that was completely broken and needed to be halved - with zero ability to quick fix the problem, a chairman and owner initially both meddling in things both with separate agendas. And saddled with a managerial choice from the owner which is polar opposite from his own ideas of system and style.

Fact he didn't walk or just give up is a testament to him taking the job damn serious, hopefully he gets a s chance in the coming years to work with a lot more freedom
I don't think Maupay was a bad signing for slighltly over 10m the moment he came in, reaching solid scoring numbers on a prem level before. However he didn't work out. It hurts financially, but there is never a guarantee in football.

No more Tosuns, Klaasen oder Gbamins under him. Players like Young are bearable financially.

I don't think Maupay was a bad signing for slighltly over 10m the moment he came in, reaching solid scoring numbers on a prem level before. However he didn't work out. It hurts financially, but there is never a guarantee in football.

No more Tosuns, Klaasen oder Gbamins under him. Players like Young are bearable financially.

I stuck up early on what I thought was Thelwells recruitment strategy mate, so far nothing we've done has been outside of those parameters.

Interesting to see if the last few days sticks to that too.

Agreed mate, I also think Dyche could have a ten year contract though and he wouldn't change what he liked or players he wanted here.

Funny thing is though last season the best player by far was exactly that a young player getting blooded in the league - Branthwaite, so far this one the best player has been exactly the same - Tim.
Yes he had that freedom at Burnley and not much changed

I stuck up early on what I thought was Thelwells recruitment strategy mate, so far nothing we've done has been outside of those parameters.

Interesting to see if the last few days sticks to that too.
Yeah, therefore I was astonished reading about a 40m clause on Mangala. It's not the amount of money we should spend on any player atm. As I said 173m isn't nothing in 3 seasons, but the 2nd lowest of any permanent teams in the prem during that period.

Considering we made 90m+ and Palace -50m during that time shows it.

I want to see him go to Fulham
Can you imagine the fume in here
There would be heads falling off into wet bedsheets everywhere

I'd be very happy if he did mate, part of the multi club model is moving your own money around on players between clubs, increasing their perceived value before selling them outside of that chain. It also allows you to circumvent p&s and FFP regs greatly.

On a side note the chain can be used to absolutely screw over sell on clauses to the initial club selling into the chain also.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back