Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah, therefore I was astonished reading about a 40m clause on Mangala. It's not the amount of money we should spend on any player atm. As I said 173m isn't nothing in 3 seasons, but the 2nd lowest of any permanent teams in the prem during that period.

Considering we made 90m+ and Palace -50m during that time shows it.

No long term contract ever offered on any player over the age of 26, only one token transfer fee paid on any player over 26, all money spent on players with resale value

No long term contract ever offered on any player over the age of 26, only one token transfer fee paid on any player over 26, all money spent on players with resale value
It's a hard job considering we had about 8players in May, And I think 13 now with a contract longer than this season.

Of them I think Branthwaite will be sold next year. So might have to get many players. Dixon looks promising, maybe there are more players in the academy to come through and then reinvest...

100% sure he wouldn't give Keane or Holgate such a high wage contract.

It's a hard job considering we had about 8players in May, And I think 13 now with a contract longer than this season.

Of them I think Branthwaite will be sold next year. So might have to get many players. Dixon looks promising, maybe there are more players in the academy to come through and then reinvest...

Branthwaite will be part used to pay off the deals we've done/will do this year (loans with options) and will see the rest used in a similar way to this I think.

It's noticeable that we agreed the contract to sign Lindstrom with him next year if we exercise the option, something I can't remember us ever doing before on a loan player (which suggests it's almost certainly a p&s workaround)

Branthwaite will be part used to pay off the deals we've done/will do this year (loans with options) and will see the rest used in a similar way to this I think.

It's noticeable that we agreed the contract to sign Lindstrom with him next year if we exercise the option, something I can't remember us ever doing before on a loan player (which suggests it's almost certainly a p&s workaround)
Jep, I think it will normalize a bit after 2-3 seasons in BMD.

Can't see us spending without selling player next year.

Nothing really to the Ernest Nuamah thing according to Bobble. Lyon have contacted us to say he's available and that's about it. He did say this on his podcast earlier though (before the Fab Romano tweet), so maybe things have changed.

Also said that Dyche has rejected 8 😱😱 players that have been put to him by Thelwell. That clown needs to stay away from our recruitment altogether. Dyche is utterly clueless. The DoF should make these decisions.
The recruitment should definitely involve the manager to a degree. But if the manager is Dyche then less so. It should be more like Brighton where they buy players a to suit a style of play, then recruit a manager that can work with that system. That way if they need to change managers, they don't have to massively change the playing staff again.

The recruitment should definitely involve the manager to a degree. But if the manager is Dyche then less so. It should be more like Brighton where they buy players a to suit a style of play, then recruit a manager that can work with that system. That way if they need to change managers, they don't have to massively change the playing staff again.

Yup the best DoF systems always give the managerial appointment role to the DoF.

Agreed mate, I also think Dyche could have a ten year contract though and he wouldn't change what he liked or players he wanted here.

Funny thing is though last season the best player by far was exactly that a young player getting blooded in the league - Branthwaite, so far this one the best player has been exactly the same - Tim.

It's really difficult for managers in general, as it feels like conflicting demands. That being said, the more modern coach definitely needs to work within the structure of the club more. We have, with the possible exception of Silva not really selected managers who do that.

The Brainthwaite issue is fair, and is probably a counter point in Dyche's favour, but at times he has been too reluctant to play newer players.

After August, if we are not seeing the likes of O'Brien, Lindstrom, NDiaye etc over guys like Keane then I just can't see him being renewed.

I can kind of understand the Lindstrom one, in that he hasn't played a lot of 90s, but the Keane over OBrien issue seems mad, as he looks perfectly fit, and very fast which we have missed.

I wonder though, if with new owners, stadium built and income coming in, hopefully PSR resolved if it will be time to go in a different direction at the end of the season. Dyche will have done the job we wanted from him and we can move forward positively.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back