Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Nothing really to the Ernest Nuamah thing according to Bobble. Lyon have contacted us to say he's available and that's about it. He did say this on his podcast earlier though (before the Fab Romano tweet), so maybe things have changed.

Also said that Dyche has rejected 8 😱😱 players that have been put to him by Thelwell. That clown needs to stay away from our recruitment altogether. Dyche is utterly clueless. The DoF should make these decisions.

8 players doesnt seem many to me.

The interesting part is whether that is recently and for fees. In which case we may have funds for a signing.

Not yet. Still after Gnonto (Leeds have dropped the upfront payment to £10m) and DCL is being a 🛎.

Stopped listening at that point and will listen to the rest later.

Hopefully were not far off the £10mil so in that case we would be over the line with a decent sale.

It just seems too vague and far fetched imo. Could they really be that far away on the type of player needed that cannot agree on any other than a few who do not even the managers MO? I just cannot see it.

Personally think Thelwell and Dyche are poles apart on what they see as the right type of player mate.

Only crossover seems to be a good work ethic etc.

Bit of you look at certain decisions made you can imo see whose pushed that decision.

Ndiaye, Lindstrom I'd say all on Thelwell.

Resigning young deffo Dyche as would be any refusal of an offer on Doucoure or Gueye (if the report we turned down enquiries on both was true)

Tim was certainly a Thelwell player that Dyche was fine with (losing a young player he wasn't gonna play for another he likely saw as just another Dobbin type for p&s reasons so he thought)

O'Brien probably pushed by Thelwell also.

Coleman resigning I'd say more likely Dyche but Thelwell would have been ok with the choice.

Thelwell I'd have thought gave Dyche the choice of losing Onana or branthwaite and likely got something out of what he'd know Dyche would choose.

Huge speculation by me there like, but could well envisage this being the way stuffs having to be done.

Even the kinks to Philips and Trippier I can see being Thelwell letting Dyche get something he wanted to sign off on a longer term Thelwell player.

Last edited:
Just going off what the bobble said at the time mate.
Yeah the lad gets info no doubt , personally that stuff about danjuma’s paperwork not being filed smacked of absolute BS but he’s normally fairly accurate , certainly more than most . Just for me the stats don’t really support that he was desperate for him , suppose that’s the problem when you’ve got 6 half a dozen people buying players .

Personally think Thelwell and Dyche are poles apart on what they see as the right type of player mate.

Only crossover seems to be a good work ethic etc.

Bit of you look at certain decisions made you can imo see whose pushed that decision.

Ndiaye, Lindstrom I'd say all on Thelwell.

Resigning young deffo Dyche as would be any refusal of an offer on Doucoure or Gueye (if the report we turned down enquiries on both was true)

Tim was certainly a Thelwell player that Dyche was fine with (losing a young player he wasn't gonna play for another he likely saw as just another Dobbin type for p&s reasons so he thought)

O'Brien probably pushed by Thelwell also.

Coleman resigning I'd say more likely Dyche but Thelwell would have been ok with the choice.

Thelwell I'd have thought gave Dyche the choice of losing Onana or branthwaite and likely got something out of what he'd know Dyche would choose.

Huge speculation by me there like, but could well envisage this being the way stuffs having to be done.

Even the kinks to Philips and Trippier I can see being Thelwell letting Dyche get something he wanted to sign off on a longer term Thelwell player.
They both seem to agree on a pacy winger but cannot make it happen - very frustrating

Yeah the lad gets info no doubt , personally that stuff about danjuma’s paperwork not being filed smacked of absolute BS but he’s normally fairly accurate , certainly more than most . Just for me the stats don’t really support that he was desperate for him , suppose that’s the problem when you’ve got 6 half a dozen people buying players .

Players for me would break down into longer term signings of younger players seems to be the DoF pushing.

Veterans with lots of league experience on short terms deals, seems to be very much Dyches mo

Players for me would break down into longer term signings of younger players seems to be the DoF pushing.

Veterans with lots of league experience on short terms deals, seems to be very much Dyches mo
So I think you’re right but over the last decade or so our transfer policy has been in the hands of literally over a dozen people . We’ve had managers , directors or football , owners (plural ) & a chairman not to mention Kia and others .

I make you right but with the odd exception how many transfers in your last few years would you bet your house on knowing ? It’s one of the major reasons we’re in such a mess .

There is something likely about that... But I don't blame someone without actual proofs. Despite I trust in Kev to bring in solid options.

Who is that Bobble guy?
Probably the best ITK on Everton he’s on here and has his own podcast and forum
Site
Called a view from tbe bullens, which I’m a member. I knows it’s not for everyone, but I like hearing off people who give out bits of information

Saw that Forest are being quoted 10m to sign Bove as well mate, be absolutely gutted if that happened whilst we just bring in a short term stop gap.
Not sure Everton should spend money on midfielders as long as Dyche is in charge.

It doesn't really matter who we bring and who we play, Everton midfield will always be awful. Everton midfielders will look poor.

When you set up the team to have 40% possession and are allowing to be outnumbered in the midfield every single game, any well coached team should play through you with ease. This is by design. It is about system and tactics, not who is playing. We could play Rodri and Rice and still have one of the worst midfields in the league.

Probably the best ITK on Everton he’s on here and has his own podcast and forum
Site
Called a view from tbe bullens, which I’m a member. I knows it’s not for everyone, but I like hearing off people who give out bits of information
Thank you, I see I still have pent-up demand at Everton... I will listen to it.

Apparently that was an owner signing for Lampard mate as fat frank really wanted him.
To be fair I doubt Maupay was on their lists at the start of that summer. But like this year we had a little money and had to do deals with small down payments.
If you believe the rumours that Summer we wanted Cornet, but Burnley wanted a big down payment, so we got McNeil, garner would have been small down payment, probably Onana to, even though he was 30mil

We wanted Kudus, Broja was linked all summer, then when we couldn’t get them It was Che Adams, Southampton wanted 25mil so on deadline day we had one fit striker which was Rondon.

Apparently we also were close to getting Gibbs white, but ultimately couldn’t do it because of finances

Well Dyche knows he hasn’t got the time or the leeway to blood younger players
He hasn’t got a first 11 that will allow him give a young player game time
He knows he is under the spotlight so needs results now
Hence the experienced players he thinks he can trust to do a job

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back