Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Fees are approximate so please cut me some slack!

Bought circa £45 million.
Sold circa £75 million.

In
Jake O'Brien £17.5 million
Illiman Ndiaye £16.5 million
Tim Iroegbunam £9 million
Jesper Lindstrum (loan with option)
Armando Broja (loan with option)
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Maupay £6 million (paid next year)

+ circa £30 million

Kept Branthwaite.

Aside from not addressing the full back situation - particularly right back, Thelwell and his team have done an excellent job on a shoestring in my view.

Also think of all the players they apparently previously identified but couldn't afford as well (e.g., Minteh, Mudryk when cheap, Kudus, Pedro, Wharton etc).

Give the man his props.
Great post mate.
Some utterly unreasonable expectations on here.
He has done well , in impossible circumstances.
We have a chance now.

Squad is better than the beginning of the window and we’ve brought in around £30m whilst keeping Branthwaite. That is great business.

Was it perfect? No. Does it set us up for future success? Yes.

January window will hopefully see us bring in a proper right back as we prepare to send Young & Coleman out to pasture in the summer.

Fees are approximate so please cut me some slack!

Bought circa £45 million.
Sold circa £75 million.

In
Jake O'Brien £17.5 million
Illiman Ndiaye £16.5 million
Tim Iroegbunam £9 million
Jesper Lindstrum (loan with option)
Armando Broja (loan with option)
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Maupay £6 million (paid next year)

+ circa £30 million

Kept Branthwaite.

Aside from not addressing the full back situation - particularly right back, Thelwell and his team have done an excellent job on a shoestring in my view.

Also think of all the players they apparently previously identified but couldn't afford as well (e.g., Minteh, Mudryk when cheap, Kudus, Pedro, Wharton etc).

Give the man his props.
Dele and Danjuma the other outs

Squad is better than the beginning of the window and we’ve brought in around £30m whilst keeping Branthwaite. That is great business.

Was it perfect? No. Does it set us up for future success? Yes.

January window will hopefully see us bring in a proper right back as we prepare to send Young & Coleman out to pasture in the summer.

Don’t take this the wrong way, what do you mean by future success?

Seems a mad one to me that Forest were able to get Ward-Prowse on loan but we went for Mangala instead. Even with the Textor links, JWP seems much more of a Dyche profile of player.

And he has Prem experience :-D. Perhaps age-related if you look at who else we have brought in. Even without an option, doesn't stop us agreeing a deal for Mangala. We did the same with Gomes I think.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back