Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

GK position sorted (Pickford, Virginia, Begovic).

RB position desperately needs fixing: Coleman & Young need to retire, whilst Patterson is not good enough.

LB we need someone better than Mykolenko, then move him to backup.

CB position is fairly well stocked: Tarkowski & Branthwaite first choice, with O’Brien backup and Keane emergency backup.

DM position has improved a lot. Gueye will be finishing up soon, but Iroegbunam is a quality addition. Garner also there, as well as Mangala.

AM Ndiaye will become new first choice with Doucoure as backup.

RW Harrison & Lindstrøm battling for first choice; both are loan players so will need revisiting in the summer.

LW we need someone better than McNeil and clearly tried to bring in a pacey winger. Look to address this in January / Summer.

ST looks well stocked with Calvert-Lewin first choice (probably until January when we try and get a fee for him, or he signs a new contract). Then have Broja, Beto & Chermiti battling it out with him for a spot. Decent.

January:
• Buy a RB.
• Buy a LB.
• Buy a LW.

Summer:
• Buy a RW.

Slowly but surely getting towards a decent squad.
Great piece, starting to look like a better and younger team.

With squad building it is a worry that some players are stating Dyche and our style of play as a reason they will not sign for us and that is what you will get having a manager such as this... half decent players do not want to play for Dyche and defend for the majority of the game whilst the ball constantly bypasses them.

To progress we need to move past Dyche, I already think we are already past him, a better more attacking manager will show this guy up.

With the Saudi transfer window still open till Monday, it wouldn’t surprise me if we sold DCL or even Doucoure.
If doesn't make sense to me that we have 4 strikers for 1 position.
Doucoure has been linked with moves there previously, is on big wages and is probably down the pecking order now.
4 strikers for 1 position, unfortunately none of them are any good, in fact we could play them all and have 14 players on the field and our 4 strikers would struggle to get to 20 goals between them.
DCL is injury prone and almost Average.
Chermiti is currently injured.
Broja is Currently injured
Beto is gash.
Can you expand on why you think we don't need 4 players in that position? We have 4 and Currently 2 are avaliable and DCL might rupture a ligament while having his morning wank.

Why is he a big PSR asset? And why would it get toxic? Nobody bid more than 10m and the club didn't sell. That has nothing to do with DCL.
He's pure profit on the books and we don't have many in that category and until lately was valued considerably higher than £10m

Newcastle had agreed a valuation of him of £30m or so earlier in the window but that Minteh swap fell apart because of the cost of the overall package. We could have lowered our valuation at that point to smooth things over, given DCL was supposedly being excessive in his wage demands.

If fans believe he's going to walk out on a free and he doesn't deliver on the pitch, I could easily see things going negative with him from a reaction perspective.

The question needs to be asked... why did the club spend £15m on O'Brien when we've no decent winners, needed a striker more, and have the worst full backs in the league?

Completely and utterly baffling.

With the Saudi transfer window still open till Monday, it wouldn’t surprise me if we sold DCL or even Doucoure.
If doesn't make sense to me that we have 4 strikers for 1 position.
Doucoure has been linked with moves there previously, is on big wages and is probably down the pecking order now.
Is it Monday. The Fifa worldwide transfer deadline calendar says the 6th October

He was clearly signed incase we did sell Branthwaite.

It's called pre-planning.

We haven't done it for a decade
Well that's absolutely ridiculous if so.

The club didn't sell Branthwaite and now has left itself open to needing to play the likes of Coleman, Young, Keane, McNeil and Harrison all season.

I get planning for departures, but you can also sell and replace.

If there was £20m of the Onana money plus some of what Branthwaite would have brought in - which has turned out to be the case - at least it's plug the massive gaping holes that ARE in the first XI, and if we decide to sell him, there is more than enough to bring in a replacement.

Well that's absolutely ridiculous if so.

The club didn't sell Branthwaite and now has left itself open to needing to play the likes of Coleman, Young, Keane, McNeil and Harrison all season.

I get planning for departures, but you can also sell and replace.

If there was £20m of the Onana money plus some of what Branthwaite would have brought in - which has turned out to be the case - at least it's plug the massive gaping holes that ARE in the first XI, and if we decide to sell him, there is more than enough to bring in a replacement.
In reality no proper offer was on the table. £45m including add-ons from Radcliffe was ridiculous.

And just like that 1746 pages now become nothing but a distant memory.

I think Keir Starmer should enforce the reading of those 1746 pages as punishment to anybody found walking the streets after 10pm.

I don’t think spending money on a 3rd choice centre back was the best idea, when we’ve just witnessed in 2 games how utterly poor we are transitioning forward

They’ve clearly seen him as the Branthwaite replacement & they’ve had to go early because other sides were interested. The deal isn’t that expensive in modern day terms & it’s structured in a way that suits us massively.

The 2 games that we’ve been utterly poor in transition is because the manager persists to play in one way & has the same 4 upfront that struggled last year.

Hes got 2 new signings attacking areas he’s not used & now he has a new centre forward. Those players should be far better performing than what they are.

i know but have we ever been this bad of the pitch?

The club hasn’t just been badly ran over night, this has been set up since Kenwright & accelerated under Moshiri

We’ve been ran horrendously for years. We’ve been kicking cars and protesting against owners since Peter Johnson.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back