Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Next summer we might be a Championship team because we willingly went into the season with the worst combo of full backs and wingers in the top three divisions.
I don’t deny that. But we also needed a CB alongside the fullback/winger as a priority for the reason above.

N’Diaye looks like he can play on the left as well though so we have 4 players who can cover the wing positions. Jury remains out on Lindstrom but I reckon we are stronger on the wings than we were last year.

Gobsmacked we didn’t bring in even 1 fullback though.

I don’t deny that. But we also needed a CB alongside the fullback/winger as a priority for the reason above.

N’Diaye looks like he can play on the left as well though so we have 4 players who can cover the wing positions. Jury remains out on Lindstrom but I reckon we are stronger on the wings than we were last year.

Gobsmacked we didn’t bring in even 1 fullback though.
Maybe that's the plan for January?

A funny old window, we now have 4 right backs, 2 of them are far too old to play at this level, 1 of them is permanently broken and one of them is extremely inexperienced. We have 4 centre forwards 2 are currently broken, 1 is always likely to break and is in the last 20 months of his contract and the other is Beto. We have 4 number 10's if you count Doucoure as one of them. We have 4 centre midfielders and McNeil who I'm not sure which position he is suited to. We have 4 centre backs.

The we come to left back where we have Mykolenko and only one of our geriatric right backs as cover for him, we have no natural winger with pace. I really would have thought a decent left back and a pacy winger should have been our priorities during this window.

In the context of a normal club populated by normal people with an eye on a strong league position, probably a 3 at best.

In the context of Everton and everything that goes with that (cash, PSR, recent relegation battles, impending interest judgement, fans ruthlessly assaulting board members) then a 7.

Couple of good youngsters in, Ndiaye too, kept Pickford again, kept JB and arguably our best striker.

Will always focus on what we didn’t get. And the RB thing, we may need a good one, not a chance we were signing one with Seamus, Young, Patto, Dixon and Garner in the squad. Was never happening once Coleman and Young signed contracts.

Glad it’s over. Hopefully no PSR talk, and no transfer talk for a few months. Can focus on the football, and both the old and new stadia.

(and possible insolvency)

So, of the player’s leaving only one had any real meaningful impact last season

In
Jake O'Brien £17.5 million
Illiman Ndiaye £16.5 million
Tim Iroegbunam £9 million
Jesper Lindstrum (loan with option)
Armando Broja (loan with option)
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Maupay £6 million (paid next year)
Dele (contract ended)
Lonergan (contract ended)
Holgate (loan)
Danjuma (loan ended)

In money it’s €43m vs €81m

*We need to start paying for Beto

Is that it?

Last edited:

In
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Dele (contract ended)
Holgate (loan)
Danjuma (loan ended)

Is that it?

Not in my wildest dreams did i expect us to sign 8 players, think its been a great window and we are stronger for it, fair play to all involved.

If you look at it we spent £40 mill to get £130 mill worth of footballers in the door.

Why did we sign Begovic when we’ve got Virginia?
Two reasons really

1) To fill a hole that both Lonergan & Crellin have now left;

2) Dyche mentioned in his Bournemouth presser that we have a specific development plan for goalkeepers at the club and part of that is having an experienced keeper in the club assisting with that.

In
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Dele (contract ended)
Holgate (loan)
Danjuma (loan ended)

Is that it?
Id say we're stronger with more options this season than last,Whether people are happy with the window is another thing.

In the context of a normal club populated by normal people with an eye on a strong league position, probably a 3 at best.

In the context of Everton and everything that goes with that (cash, PSR, recent relegation battles, impending interest judgement, fans ruthlessly assaulting board members) then a 7.

Couple of good youngsters in, Ndiaye too, kept Pickford again, kept JB and arguably our best striker.

Will always focus on what we didn’t get. And the RB thing, we may need a good one, not a chance we were signing one with Seamus, Young, Patto, Dixon and Garner in the squad. Was never happening once Coleman and Young signed contracts.

Glad it’s over. Hopefully no PSR talk, and no transfer talk for a few months. Can focus on the football, and both the old and new stadia.

(and possible insolvency)
Just think if they did ok and because of the start when we bought in most of the players. Just feels like we have missed it again this window if it was broja and a winger i would have been happy. Will help when players back fit aswell and if we can get to jan might even be room to buy a winger then

In
Orel Mangala (loan)
Asmir Begovic free

Out
Onana £55 million
Godfrey £10 million
Dobbin £10 million
Dele (contract ended)
Holgate (loan)
Danjuma (loan ended)

Is that it?

Loan fee was 2.5m for Lindstrom mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back