Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He was my shout from last week and I got slaughtered for it.

But there was a good explanation in commentary yesterday about his time in the PL last time compared with this season in the Championship: he hit less than 20% of his shots inside the box in PL appearances, while this season he's been told to get forward more and he's shot twice as much from inside the 18 yard box - something like 40% of his efforts in the box.

Of course the PL has superior defences, but I'd like to see us get hold of Armstrong and pair him with Beto or Chermiti. No doubt he'll stay at Southampton now, but I bet Dyche would love to have the option of going to a two up front next season with a similar player and finish off more of the chances we create.
Its pretty moot, as you say, hes gonna stay at Saints, but lets be honest, its unlikely he was coming here anyway.

We currently have 4 Strikers, now im sure you dont rate any of them, cos I only rate 1, but if we want more Strikers, we need to get rid of the 1s we have first.

And Dyche had ample chances to play 2 Strikers last season and he only ever played 1.

Its pretty moot, as you say, hes gonna stay at Saints, but lets be honest, its unlikely he was coming here anyway.

We currently have 4 Strikers, now im sure you dont rate any of them, cos I only rate 1, but if we want more Strikers, we need to get rid of the 1s we have first.

And Dyche had ample chances to play 2 Strikers last season and he only ever played 1.
This is all with the view that DCL leaves. By the way, who;s the 4th striker?

DCL isnt leaving it seems, the club is prepping the ground for a new contract.

And Maupay is an Everton player 1st July.
Didn't that quote from DCL on twitter come from a few days ago?

Maybe the club are doing what they always do: positioning a player to take the blame when they don't sign a contract and then are 'forced' to sell?

Didn't that quote from DCL on twitter come from a few days ago?

Maybe the club are doing what they always do: positioning a player to take the blame when they don't sign a contract and then are 'forced' to sell?
Im just reading the media Dave.

This doesnt signal "About to leave the Club" to me.

9999999.webp

That can change in the time it takes a decent source to post a tweet, but for now, I would say hes staying.

This fella just wont flush.

Get him as a squad player but starting cm or cdm no thanks
He was my shout from last week and I got slaughtered for it.

But there was a good explanation in commentary yesterday about his time in the PL last time compared with this season in the Championship: he hit less than 20% of his shots inside the box in PL appearances, while this season he's been told to get forward more and he's shot twice as much from inside the 18 yard box - something like 40% of his efforts in the box.

Of course the PL has superior defences, but I'd like to see us get hold of Armstrong and pair him with Beto or Chermiti. No doubt he'll stay at Southampton now, but I bet Dyche would love to have the option of going to a two up front next season with a similar player and finish off more of the chances we create.
Not good enough for me will agree with you on a player that could be able to play in a two but i really think if we did play chermitti with dcl we would see him be able to do it. I see alot more in his game would take time but could see him able to do it with a dcl. Just think the system we play much like maupay armstrong would go missing can really see dyche going for adams as just hits his profile for me

Im just reading the media Dave.

This doesnt signal "About to leave the Club" to me.

View attachment 258428

That can change in the time it takes a decent source to post a tweet, but for now, I would say hes staying.
For me time is we can put in a contact offer in with us getting safe, problem is his age now and well what offers the lad has. I have said things about him questioned his desire ect with the injuries but the lad is the best cf at the club and the service is awful. But for me is a must keep

His 80m fee pays our bills for 4months.

Do people still not realise that for the last 8months 777 have loaned us 20m a month to pay our bills.

In 4 days time they go away and it becomes our problem.

At some point, people really need to remove their head from the sand.
You would think aswel that Moshiri wants to cash in as much as he can to recoup as much as possible before he leaves

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back