Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….my concern with the likes of Phillips is them losing their desire to play once they have experienced the riches of Man City. It’s lots to do with attitude and I certainly wouldn’t risk putting him on a big bucks, long-term contract if he’s going to be available as much as Delph.

We’d need to be certain he has a point to prove but I think it’d be very high risk and we need to be ridding ourselves of expensive millstones.
I think this is paper talk myself, there is no way we can pay this guy's wages and he hasn't played a decent game for nearly 3 years, not withstanding that he is also 29 years old. There is a lot of baggage with this imo.

Sorry but I just can't get on board with these "where we are as a club now" posts. Yes, we are in a dire place but I'd be very surprised if there are little to no better options on the field and off the field in regards to Phillips.

His last good season was in 2020-2021. That's three years and he's struggled with injury and personal issues with his mental and physical state. The West Ham move was meant to be his revival and to try and get him back to Leeds levels and he was nowhere near that.

There's been nothing to suggest he can get anywhere back to those levels again.

This is basically saying though we want an experienced PL player, at the level of an England international, that is willing to come to Everton, we can afford their wages, and they are happy to join on loan, and we don’t face competition from a more attractive offer for them.

He’s probably going to be joining as an addition to whoever replaces Onana (if he’s sold). Any money we save on him is more money towards that first team replacement.

To be honest this it the best I have felt about everton in like 3 years. 777 are not going to buy us, Textor isn’t very rich but looks like a decent owner, slowly starting to attract big name players, a new amazing stadium beeing built and moshiri leaving. Of course there wre things we can’t ignore but things are looking a bit better

Fans say we dont need a new owner who's minted/willing to sign cheques yet complain when we're rummaging through the bargain bin on loans and cheap signings.

Unfortunately this summer will be one of little to no expenditure. Phillips on loan is likely the best we can hope for. The fans need to accept reality now otherwise its going to be a very long summer of teeth gnashing for them.

On his day he is a fine player. Dyche/Goodison Park will revitalise his career I am sure of it.
You spout so much nonsense, although we're probably going to be limited financially, to state that Kelvin Philips is the best option available is absurd. How do you know what actual options are available? Also he was abysmal at west ham and injury prone at west very much a delph vibe

To be honest this it the best I have felt about everton in like 3 years. 777 are not going to buy us, Textor isn’t very rich but looks like a decent owner, slowly starting to attract big name players, a new amazing stadium beeing built and moshiri leaving. Of course there wre things we can’t ignore but things are looking a bit better

I hate transfer restrictions as much as the next person but it’s forced us into being far more cautious with our signings and giving players like Branthwaite a chance in the first 11. If we can change ownership and flush through some of this financial mess then it gives the new owners a better base to work from than having loads of players who don’t want to be here sitting on 5 year deals on over 100k a week.

I think this is paper talk myself, there is no way we can pay this guy's wages and he hasn't played a decent game for nearly 3 years, not withstanding that he is also 29 years old. There is a lot of baggage with this imo.
Was in for him last season before west ham but the money they wanted was to much, plus like danjuma has shown we have gone back in for players before. Is a risk is why can see us trying get him in early as talks to get city to agree to let him come here and getting him at the start of pre season to make aure he is in the right condition is key

This is basically saying though we want an experienced PL player, at the level of an England international, that is willing to come to Everton, we can afford their wages, and they are happy to join on loan, and we don’t face competition from a more attractive offer for them.

He’s probably going to be joining as an addition to whoever replaces Onana (if he’s sold). Any money we save on him is more money towards that first team replacement.

He's arguably only played one full PL season as he was injured a lot in Leeds' second season and then barely played the past two seasons. Also his England experience is pretty much one tournament. Granted it's the one where they reached the final, but I think his PL and England experience is a bit overstated.

Realistically, it doesn't mean anything either. Wharton had 0 PL experience and came into Palace and was one of the most impressive DM/CM midfielder from then until the end of the season.

He's arguably only played one full PL season as he was injured a lot in Leeds' second season and then barely played the past two seasons. Also his England experience is pretty much one tournament. Granted it's the one where they reached the final, but I think his PL and England experience is a bit overstated.

Realistically, it doesn't mean anything either. Wharton had 0 PL experience and came into Palace and was one of the most impressive DM/CM midfielder from then until the end of the season.

How much did they pay for Wharton though? We can’t afford him at the moment (or a player of that profile) unless we sell Onana. We basically bough that profile of player in Garner a couple of years back and were in an even worse position financially now. There’s also a question of whether a player like Wharton would even want to join us any more, we’re a lot less stable than Palace.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back