Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Its because he typically plays as a DM for Belgium. With us hes a CM and out of his comfort zone.
Regrettably, we need the flexibility in midfield. Gueye is the better out and out DM right now. Onana can’t be a passenger (or worse, liability) if he’s ever out of his comfort zone.

I posted these quotes yesterday. Theyre from years ago. Nothing to do with Everton or the player he is now.

Its like two little schoolgirls always tagging each other all excited to bully someone.
Zat he has hardly played for the last 3 years, he is a nothing player these days. If Dyche seriously thinks he can get something from Philips then fair enough but its a massive risk imo.

Zat he has hardly played for the last 3 years, he is a nothing player these days. If Dyche seriously thinks he can get something from Philips then fair enough but its a massive risk imo.
I think its really difficult to flip that switch once a sportmans has been off the pace for a good few years. Phillips looked done at west ham, city was a terrible move for him.

All the same stuff about developing youth, you mention the mess Leeds are in, exactly the same model they followed with Farke. Your methodology we would be in the championship for quite a while!

Leeds & Southampton both followed this model of 19 year old's all over the place to be sustainable!
Both got relegated, neither went up automatically (while Leicester who didn't go that path went straight back up).
They both ended up gambling in a one off play off final to see who will go back up....and it was the team with more experience who ended up going up!
While Leeds stay down for another season and, probably having to sell off some of those 'assets'.

I hate these clubs who take this approach and i savior in there failure! They are never building a team, they are purely looking to use players as assets! What a terrible existence to be in!

Leeds & Southampton both followed this model of 19 year old's all over the place to be sustainable!
Both got relegated, neither went up automatically (while Leicester who didn't go that path went straight back up).
They both ended up gambling in a one off play off final to see who will go back up....and it was the team with more experience who ended up going up!
While Leeds stay down for another season and, probably having to sell off some of those 'assets'.

I hate these clubs who take this approach and i savior in there failure! They are never building a team, they are purely looking to use players as assets! What a terrible existence to be in!

All three of those clubs that went down were at different times held up as models of how to sensibly compete outside the top 6. All went down. It’s very difficult to sustain any model that isn’t based on huge revenues being available to the club on a consistent basis.

Is a risk definately is why we have a xhance to bring him here is why i want see another cm come in with him and an attacking mid so we do have players ready to step in, is a player in the past that can get on the ball and help keep it and control a game something we dont have

I think its really difficult to flip that switch once a sportmans has been off the pace for a good few years. Phillips looked done at west ham, city was a terrible move for him.
Not just city along with Chelsea have been a graveyard for capable well performing players who are not at the elite level and just fester , Wilfred bony, delph , drinkwater, demba ba, barkley, bentenke, Victor Moses and it could now include Phillips I don't think any of those players who had uneventful stints ever made a resurgence except maybe Barkley but that was one solid season at luton

Is a risk definately is why we have a xhance to bring him here is why i want see another cm come in with him and an attacking mid so we do have players ready to step in, is a player in the past that can get on the ball and help keep it and control a game something we dont have
Oh 100% we would have to bring another CM in alongside him and yes we are crying out for a proper no 10/attacking midfielder to play behind the forward. I get the importance of Doucoure but in that position of the pitch he just doesn't do enough at the end of the day.

Regrettably, we need the flexibility in midfield. Gueye is the better out and out DM right now. Onana can’t be a passenger (or worse, liability) if he’s ever out of his comfort zone.

Gana was average at best (that is kind) for over 75% of the season and neither Onana nor Garner looked average next to him during that time...they looked poor as Gana was out of position and they were defending for 2.

A proper DM is someone who can position themselves defensively. Gana is more of a CM presser imo not a DM positionally.

Again, my quotes were from years ago. Youre echoing what i wrote yesterday about him being a risk.

Harrison & Phillips look like Dyche signings.

This is the 2nd post like this.

Could it be.that the young players were their better players over the season?

Their poorer players were the experienced ones.

As thats the reality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back