Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ah of course, why bother planning for future events and players leaving when you can just react after the fact. A strategy that’s served us flawlessly over the years. How stupid of me.
I doubt we had 12 mil to put up for future planning though just a hunch based on absolutely everything thats happened and been said over the last few years though I could be wrong.

Ah of course, why bother planning for future events and players leaving when you can just react after the fact. A strategy that’s served us flawlessly over the years. How stupid of me.

Didn’t realise we had the money to just keep players we don’t need on the books for a season just in case a youth prospect completely untried over a whole PL season explodes in value.

I can almost imagine the pitch to the lad now ‘please swap the chance of playing regularly every week for sitting on our bench instead. You probably won’t play much because we’ve got this other lad ahead of you who’s miles better but honestly you’ll be the main man in 12 months if he suddenly becomes a star and we sell him because we’re in utter financial ruin’

Didn’t realise we had the money to just keep players we don’t need on the books for a season just in case a youth prospect completely untried over a whole PL season explodes in value.

I can almost imagine the pitch to the lad now ‘please swap the chance of playing regularly every week for sitting on our bench instead. You probably won’t play much because we’ve got this other lad ahead of you who’s miles better but honestly you’ll be the main man in 12 months if he suddenly becomes a star and we sell him because we’re in utter financial ruin’

Haha well we had £26m to spend on an absolute bum from Serie A to sit on the bench and do nothing, so yeah we did.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back