Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Haha well we had £26m to spend on an absolute bum from Serie A to sit on the bench and do nothing, so yeah we did.

We literally spent £15m on Chermiti so yes we did lol lol lol

Yeah because we really needed another Centreback last summer:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Compared to our need for a striker:

Calvert Lewin (injured)

What utter morons Thelwell and Dyche are using what money we did have for strikers rather than a fifth centreback for a future season. I don’t know why they did that, no one on here at all was telling them on a daily basis to ‘buy a striker ffs Kev’

We literally spent £15m on Chermiti so yes we did lol lol lol
I suppose its possible that Montpellier might have actually wanted to see some of the money though which could have been a problem and its also possible that the 30 top level games he's played since then have done him more good than sitting on our bench would have done but I am with you in being annoyed that we haven't hoovered up all the top prospects in Europe to make sure we've got all bases covered.

I suppose its possible that Montpellier might have actually wanted to see some of the money though which could have been a problem and its also possible that the 30 top level games he's played since then have done him more good than sitting on our bench would have done but I am with you in being annoyed that we haven't hoovered up all the top prospects in Europe to make sure we've got all bases covered.

They loaned him out to Burnley, so evidently not.

Yeah because we really needed another Centreback last summer:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Compared to our need for a striker:

Calvert Lewin (injured)

What utter morons Thelwell and Dyche are using what money we did have for strikers rather than a fifth centreback for a future season. I don’t know why they did that, no one on here at all was telling them on a daily basis to ‘buy a striker ffs Kev’

Erm, yeah, we did.

As much as I hate Keane there is zero rationale behind your argument

Quite simply a back up left centreback to develop for the future was not a priority use of funds last summer over some more strikers. Weird hill to die on.

We bought a backup centre forward to develop for the future who we had no intention of playing though so why? It’s not weird at all is it really, you’re just now realising that your argument that we couldn’t afford to plan for the future like a proper football club would do looks terrible.

Still have to pay the money whether it’s this year or in 2076 it really isn’t relevant. We’ve spent £40m on them and that’s the end of it.
When you factor in inflation it’s massively relevant (unless there are clauses in there to negate the effects of inflation).

£40m today will likely be significantly greater value (ie what you can buy with £40m) than £40m in 2076.

Just look at wages/house prices/food cost 52 years ago.

I’ve just been on Twitter so I’m in an arguey kn0b’ed mood - sorry lol

We bought a backup centre forward to develop for the future who we had no intention of playing though so why? It’s not weird at all is it really, you’re just now realising that your argument that we couldn’t afford to plan for the future like a proper football club would do looks terrible.

Arguing that we should have spent what little money we had and bought a fifth choice centre back we definitely had no intention to play last summer rather than a striker who definitely would have played more if Calvert Lewin had broken down (which he had two previous seasons form in doing) is definitely weird.

There’s just no world in which this is a sensible argument. Imagine it, this entire forum waiting for new of a striker signing last summer as DCL is our only fit senior striker, and then news drops that we’ve spent a significant sum on a backup left sided centre back to develop for the future. There’d have been an absolute meltdown probably led by you.

Arguing that we should have spent what little money we had and bought a fifth choice centre back we definitely had no intention to play last summer rather than a striker who definitely would have played more if Calvert Lewin had broken down (which he had two previous seasons form in doing) is definitely weird.

There’s just no world in which this is a sensible argument. Imagine it, this entire forum waiting for new of a striker signing last summer as DCL is our only fit senior striker, and then news drops that we’ve spent a significant sum on a backup left sided centre back to develop for the future. There’d have been an absolute meltdown probably led by you.

He would’ve been third choice not fifth though, and would be about to become first choice lol

He would’ve been third choice not fifth though, and would be about to become first choice lol

You now basing your argument on your confidence in Dyche choosing a young foreign prospect with no experience over Keane and Godfrey? After going after him all season for picking Ashley Young for his experience?

Sorry if I’m not convinced you even believe this.

You now basing your argument on your confidence in Dyche choosing a young foreign prospect with no experience over Keane and Godfrey? After going after him all season for picking Ashley Young for his experience?

Sorry if I’m not convinced you even believe this.

He dropped Keane for a youngster in Branthwaite, when I didn’t think he would, so yeah I’m probably a little more convinced he would’ve been ahead of Keane than you clearly are.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back