Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yep. Bit like the way we bought Onana, Branthwaite, Chermiti, Patterson, Mykolenko, Calvert Lewin.

Even as far back as Vlasic Lookman Sandro Onyekeru Kean who didn’t work out well for us

Of course we need to do this more, and obviously some of our recruitment has been absolutely shambolic recently, but some posters act like we never ever buy anyone apart from dead expensive premier league players who are really obvious and don’t require any scouting.

Our three main saleable outfield assets this summer who could go for big money are all first team examples of good Everton recruitment. Yes of course we need more of it and more often, but it’s not as though we never do it.
I never said it was easy, its very, very hard.

You look at the players at United and City.

Antony, Sancho, Mudrik and so on, all young, all bought for disgusting amounts of money, all a bit stinky.

Now maybe they will grow into good players, but buying Yoot is really, really hard.

LB: Mykolenko / Young
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson / Coleman

For sale: Godfrey, Keane, Holgate

I suspect Esteve would cost £15mil and would come in as 3rd choice centre back. We'll probably punt Holgate out on loan until his contract ends and I think in the last year of their contracts we may finally be able to shift the other two.

If Branthwaite was sold for huge money in two seasons we would have his replacement. I would not be surprised if we signed Esteve with the aim of selling him at a profit down the line.

Just position and numbers wise, Harrison, Phillips and Esteve all make sense.

I never said it was easy, its very, very hard.

You look at the players at United and City.

Antony, Sancho, Mudrik and so on, all young, all bought for disgusting amounts of money, all a bit stinky.

Now maybe they will grow into good players, but buying Yoot is really, really hard.

Who are the ones at City?

I have no idea why I typed City, I meant Chelsea.
When you factor in what our budget is there are actually quite a few at City too they sign a lot of players in the sort of bracket that Chermiti is in that never even get close to the first team so nobody even counts them because we forget they exist.

LB: Mykolenko / Young
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson / Coleman

For sale: Godfrey, Keane, Holgate

I suspect Esteve would cost £15mil and would come in as 3rd choice centre back. We'll probably punt Holgate out on loan until his contract ends and I think in the last year of their contracts we may finally be able to shift the other two.

If Branthwaite was sold for huge money in two seasons we would have his replacement. I would not be surprised if we signed Esteve with the aim of selling him at a profit down the line.

Just position and numbers wise, Harrison, Phillips and Esteve all make sense.
Just so I understand your "sense"..

You suspect, we'll probably, you think, we may... But only if .

Then. The potential aim could be....

Ok. Cool. Got it. Thanks.

Can't wait for the next esk-like insightful fact and team/squad potential after the next jarg rumour. Top stuff.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back