Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I was so baffled and irked when frank and then dyche had gana as the anchor on the ball as you correctly stated he's a terrier to recover and recycle the ball not gareth barry

Really makes no sense to me why Onana and the other 2 are compared.

Really? On what evidence?
Summerville? is that it?

This is why you should do your own research...

Summerville 22
Rutter 22
Ampadu 23
Gray 18
Gnonto 20

Are Leeds best players...there may be an argument for Rodon the centre back but hes on loan so not their player.

Again, their best players have been the young ones.

be a loan deal, he's also Montpellier's player

left footed CB, 22, 6'4

Very big potential at 20 and was linked to all the big name clubs like AC Milan etc.

Why didn’t we go for him last summer when he wouldn’t have cost about £30m which Burnley will undoubtedly ask for him?

This makes no sense.

Haha well we had £26m to spend on an absolute bum from Serie A to sit on the bench and do nothing, so yeah we did.

This also makes no sense.

We literally spent £15m on Chermiti so yes we did lol lol lol

3rd post in a row that makes no sense.

Yeah because we really needed another Centreback last summer:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Compared to our need for a striker:

Calvert Lewin (injured)

What utter morons Thelwell and Dyche are using what money we did have for strikers rather than a fifth centreback for a future season. I don’t know why they did that, no one on here at all was telling them on a daily basis to ‘buy a striker ffs Kev’
You are totally right . Great shame that he didn't buy a striker rather than piss £40 million up the wall.

Maybe Mike is going about it the wrong way.

But we all agree we do need to be getting these players BEFORE they go to PL clubs and their value increases.

Like this boy moved for 12m and Burnley will flip him for a profit it seems.

So whilst theres no chance we could have afforded him last Summer, we should be looking at the next boy on the list who will move for 12m this Summer.

You are on drugs for even considering Martial as a signing. I.e - you sniff glue which has scrambled your brain.

Get it now??
Ah i see, couple of things to unpack here:

Firstly, I didn't. I politely responded to another poster who suggested it, simply by positing that such a transfer would be difficult for a number of reasons including wages etc. Like I said, a polite response. You should try it.

Secondly, I don't think we've ever interacted before so I'm not entirely sure what I did to warrant such a rude response?

Mods, your site is really starting to turn into an unpleasant place to be.

But we all agree we do need to be getting these players BEFORE they go to PL clubs and their value increases.

So whilst theres no chance we could have afforded him last Summer, we should be looking at the next boy on the list who will move for 12m this Summer.

NO IM NOT

Realistically, who could we replace with Branthwaite?
Maybe think can hold onto him for another season and becuase money is still tight this season they will be looking for another cb as cover but maybe next season will spend more to replace him
Yeah because we really needed another Centreback last summer:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Compared to our need for a striker:

Calvert Lewin (injured)

What utter morons Thelwell and Dyche are using what money we did have for strikers rather than a fifth centreback for a future season. I don’t know why they did that, no one on here at all was telling them on a daily basis to ‘buy a striker ffs Kev’
Because you dont kno what the club have said to players keane\godfrey could have asked to leave or told by the club to leave. Disagree what you say the need for a striker for me we need wide players and creativity. If the window ends and we just sign defensive players 100% agree you look at the both .

Yes. This is what I’ve been saying since last summer.

We should be scouting Switzerland Austria Belgium and Denmark (and Scotland and RoI) predominantly… maybe Japan too.

This PL tested mantra is pointless and, frankly, costly.

Should be: can they press, can they run about all day and do they have geniune pace abouts them. That for me are the PL qualities over things like passing and all that unneeded stuff! (lol)
We don't have a PL tested mantra though we've signed loads of players from outside the PL recently and I doubt they would class Esteve as PL tested anyway he's only been there a couple of months.

Yep. Bit like the way we bought Onana, Branthwaite, Chermiti, Patterson, Mykolenko, Calvert Lewin.

Even as far back as Vlasic Lookman Sandro Onyekeru Kean who didn’t work out well for us

Of course we need to do this more, and obviously some of our recruitment has been absolutely shambolic recently, but some posters act like we never ever buy anyone apart from dead expensive premier league players who are really obvious and don’t require any scouting.

Our three main saleable outfield assets this summer who could go for big money are all first team examples of good Everton recruitment. Yes of course we need more of it and more often, but it’s not as though we never do it.

I guess it depends on what the mark up is. If Burnley want double what they paid I doubt we'll be interested anyway but if he was available for a couple of mil more than they paid its no big deal to do it that way.

their best players have been the young ones.
IMG_0178.webp

The people’s poet excels down the left.

You are totally right . Great shame that he didn't buy a striker rather than piss £40 million up the wall.

Is that what you believe about Beto and Chermiti?

I think its unfair about the Beto deal as we needed a centre forward with 0 money down. No ones selling a top CF for that deal. Udinese were 12th with him and 15th without him, 2pts ahead of relegation.

As for Chermiti, he's looked full of promise with a high level of technique in what was meant to be a season of development. Lets see how he gets on next season before judging.

Alot slated Branthwaite when be clearly had huge potential.

We don't have a PL tested mantra though we've signed loads of players from outside the PL recently and I doubt they would class Esteve as PL tested anyway he's only been there a couple of months.

I think thats a mistaken view. Signing a 21 year old centre back from France or anywhere overseas can be a risk. Its a totally different way of playing in our league.

The fact hes had 16 games in a Kompany team that seems to have improved alot since he joined takes alot of risk away.

Id rather Odobert from Burnley but would happily take both.

Yep. Bit like the way we bought Onana, Branthwaite, Chermiti, Patterson, Mykolenko, Calvert Lewin.

Even as far back as Vlasic Lookman Sandro Onyekeru Kean who didn’t work out well for us

Of course we need to do this more, and obviously some of our recruitment has been absolutely shambolic recently, but some posters act like we never ever buy anyone apart from dead expensive premier league players who are really obvious and don’t require any scouting.

Our three main saleable outfield assets this summer who could go for big money are all first team examples of good Everton recruitment. Yes of course we need more of it and more often, but it’s not as though we never do it.

"We need to buy players before they move to England and clubs want to double their money"...

Same posters = "We wasted money on Chermiti".

from what i remember when we played them at goodison they defended well the cb apart from the clown in goal. Would like to think the lad has been scouted before he moved to burnley, i dont kno what the other teams like that ballard greeves ect would be asking for. Does fit the profile 6ft4 and 21 left footed

I posted a little earlier. Esteve has been very highly rated for 2 seasons. Heavily linked with big clubs including Milan and only left for that 'low' fee as montpelier needed the money urgently and he only had a year on his deal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back