Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ah i see, couple of things to unpack here:

Firstly, I didn't. I politely responded to another poster who suggested it, simply by positing that such a transfer would be difficult for a number of reasons including wages etc. Like I said, a polite response. You should try it.

Secondly, I don't think we've ever interacted before so I'm not entirely sure what I did to warrant such a rude response?

Mods, your site is really starting to turn into an unpleasant place to be.
just casual banter bloke, apologies xx

Says who?

Rutter got 8 goals in the Championship? Is that being one of there best players? Piroe got more & Bamford (who is terrible) got the same!

Dan James out performed Gnonto in terms of goals scored and turning up in big games!

Ampadu was very good first half of season but dropped off a cliff 2nd half (don't know if that's being moved to centre back or just a young player being naive to how long the season is). He could of easily been put back in centre mid and put Cooper in who would of shown that experience of promotion in the run in!

Leed's problem is they ended up having to rely on the talented young players and they didn't have enough experience to get over the line!

Look at that Championship final, all very huff and puff with none of your list of great leeds players stepping up wheras Southampton pretty much fielded the most experienced side they could, leaving the likes of Charles, Edozie & Sulemana on the bench opting for your Stephens', Downes', Frasers' & Armstorongs'

Wow what a mess.

Piroe is 24 hardly an ageing player. Are he or Bamford their 'best players' ?

Or would it be Rutter and Summerville putting chances on a plate for them...

Rutter and Summerville with their 15 & 9 assists from deeper positions laying chances on for the centre forward.

Its sad and wrong that 'experience' and 'goals' seem to be your driver. Both absolute nonsense of course seeing as up to the close end of the season Leeds were doing so well due to the young players.

The fact is that the season is long and the perhaps 'overused' first choice players were exhausted.

45 games worth of minutes for their youngest, Gray as an example or 43 for their best, Summerville compared to a premier league season.

No comparison. If anything their best players were overplayed and if there were more of them they'd have crossed the finisb line.

It seems like you're basing your views on ONE GAME. Not actually building squads using young players.

Not the point you originally made of course.

If Leeds had 3 high quality comparable experienced players they'd have done alot better. There has to be a blend, not just donkeys like Coleman and Young as they have 'experience'.

Its like saying a tired Branthwaite should be dropped for Keane for a game. A massive risk that you would advocate.

Not familiar with Tanaka but keeping my fingers crossed that there's something in the Sugawara story.

Even just having 1 full back who can contribute going forwards would transform us.

For me its more that we would not see Coleman and would actually someone who has midfield positional sense in the squad if we sold Onana.

Wow what a mess.

Rutter and Summerville with their 15 & 9 assists from deeper positions laying chances on for the centre forward.

Its sad and wrong that 'experience' and 'goals' seem to be your driver. Both absolute nonsense of course seeing as up to the close end of the season Leeds were doing so well due to the young players.

The fact is that the season is long and the perhaps 'overused' first choice players were exhausted.

45 games worth of minutes for their youngest, Gray as an example or 43 for their best, Summerville compared to a premier league season.

No comparison. If anything their best players were overplayed and if there were more of them they'd have crossed the finisb line.

It seems like you're basing your views on ONE GAME. Not actually building squads using young players.

If Leeds had 3 high quality comparable experienced players they'd have done alot better. There has to be a blend, not just donkeys like Coleman and Young as they have 'experience'.

Its like saying a tired Branthwaite should be dropped for Keane for a game. A massive risk that you would advocate.

Basing it on what i saw over a whole season!

Also you seem to change the goal posts a lot in what you are saying!

Piroe is 'young' but you didn't list him in your list of great leeds young players despite being there 2nd top scorer!

My original post if you want to go back was about teams picking and choosing young players purely on a business decision and not a footballing decision!

You use an extreme in your conversation with 'resting' Branthwaite for Keane, but yet i use facts, goals and the actual outcome of a season.........a season that all leeds fans will see as a failure as they haven't gone up!

Maybe if they used the likes of Cooper/Roberts a little more instead of shoehorning young (but inconsistent) players like Gray they would of got over the finish line.
He dropped Dan James despite being prolific, hard working & what seems good for moral for a 'young and exciting......oh let me add sulking Gnonto!
Instead they got wrapped up in 'developing a young exciting' team, without any actual substance! And now its likely when the vultures come in for someone like Summerville, they wont get there money they would really want for him due to being stuck in the championship!

Basing it on what i saw over a whole season!

Also you seem to change the goal posts a lot in what you are saying!

Piroe is 'young' but you didn't list him in your list of great leeds young players despite being there 2nd top scorer!

My original post if you want to go back was about teams picking and choosing young players purely on a business decision and not a footballing decision!

You use an extreme in your conversation with 'resting' Branthwaite for Keane, but yet i use facts, goals and the actual outcome of a season.........a season that all leeds fans will see as a failure as they haven't gone up!

Maybe if they used the likes of Cooper/Roberts a little more instead of shoehorning young (but inconsistent) players like Gray they would of got over the finish line.
He dropped Dan James despite being prolific, hard working & what seems good for moral for a 'young and exciting......oh let me add sulking Gnonto!
Instead they got wrapped up in 'developing a young exciting' team, without any actual substance! And now its likely when the vultures come in for someone like Summerville, they wont get there money they would really want for him due to being stuck in the championship!

mate don’t his sticker book fantasy’s

Wow what a mess.

For me its more that we would not see Coleman and would actually someone who has midfield positional sense in the squad if we sold Onana.

Leeds are crap mate.

Apart from Gnonto.

He's only 20 - for the right fee, you shouldn't lose money on him.

He progresses the ball well, always looks forward and wins loads of free kicks which Sean Dyches big grocks would score from.

I mentioned to @Eggs he wins a lot of free kicks and this football hipster graph seems to reaffirm that.

1717077099147.webp

Leeds are crap mate.

Apart from Gnonto.

He's only 20 - for the right fee, you shouldn't lose money on him.

He progresses the ball well, always looks forward and wins loads of free kicks which Sean Dyches big grocks would score from.

I mentioned to @Eggs he wins a lot of free kicks and this football hipster graph seems to reaffirm that.

View attachment 258802
Love the little fellas you!!!

….quite like the thought of the Japanese market, the lad up front for Celtic has done ok for them;

He's meant to be pretty good actually!

Wonder how he would settle into the PL though, you see alot of these type of buys just sort of stay in purgatory

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back