Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Why is it adjusted to half that amount?
See attached.

Basically a loss of more than about £60m for 2024 (assuming same level of add backs) would require a player sale pre end June.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.webp
    IMG_0360.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 8

See attached.

Basically a loss of more than about £60m for 2024 (assuming same level of add backs) would require a player sale pre end June.
That is interesting

There was a 8 mil deduction for covid in 2022 and then none for 23 so presumably none for 24

A 63 mil loss for 23 is still really bad. We basically need that to be reduced to under 40 mil loss for next accounts then to comply

The 4 mil loss in 22 must have been due to the richarlison money I guess

Still feels like we may need to sell Onana to comply though

We could sell all our best players and get relegated.

We've sold players on the cheap to meet psr in the past and still have had points deducted.

Maybe we should sell some assets to ourselves like Chelsea have to falsely meet psr? I'm sure that will please other teams.
Or we could just wait until we have 115 charges against us then kick them down the road for years and years.

1) He has been doing exactly that: sitting on the bench, collecting wages.

2) yes we do need squad depth.

3) no we shouldn't be paying starter money to a guy who's never going to start because he's proved time and again he's an utter liability.

Can't believe there's anyone who would suggest Keane is a viable option on the field. I'd prefer Godfrey, Holgate or even Coleman play CB ahead of Keane.
and yet Keane has done more at Centre back than any of the three you have mentioned.

There is zero evidence to suggest that Keane is a leech. As I've said, id rather get rid and improve, but he's no worse a defender than any of the three you mentioned at centreback. That isn't to say we shouldn't look to improve, but if we lose Branthwaite, can we really afford to be able to get rid of Keane and sign two centre backs? Not to mention Keane's best qualities come out when we are defending deep, which Dyche tends to prefer. Keane has always been much more exposed when we are playing a higher line and *trying to play" pretty football (see Lampard). Context has to be given.

I admit the wages that he will most likely be on are a problem, but that is what it is. Problem with that is that he's also not going to have many suitors at those wages (Look how much we struggled to get holgate out on loan..).

Keane is currently 3rd choice CB.
Godfrey isnt good enough.
Holgate is ABSOLUTELY not good enough. Recalled from failed loan to another failed loan.

To the bit in bold that I've highlighed, please refer to my previous reply to you suggesting that I would get rid and improve, but there are other factors that have to be taken into consideration.

1) He has been doing exactly that: sitting on the bench, collecting wages.

2) yes we do need squad depth.

3) no we shouldn't be paying starter money to a guy who's never going to start because he's proved time and again he's an utter liability.

Can't believe there's anyone who would suggest Keane is a viable option on the field. I'd prefer Godfrey, Holgate or even Coleman play CB ahead of Keane.
Was with you up to Holgate. Holgate hates playing so much he basically tries to get sent off as soon as he steps onto the pitch

we can only make a loss of 105 mil over 3 years

covid is now over, we can't use that excuse

at the moment these are our losses in the last 2 years

2023/2024: ?
2022/2023: -89.1 mil loss
2021/2022: -38.3 mil loss

we are already at a loss of £127.4 mil for the last 2 years which is 22.4 mil over the 105 mil threshold for allowable losses over a 3 year period

i don't think the club has made a profit since 2016/2017

we don't know what the club accounts will show for the 2023/2024 season however its safe to assume it won't be a profit and if anything it's likely to be a significant loss somewhere between 38.3 mil and 89.1 mil

let say the loss is around 50 mil for 23/24, that means we would need to sell players and achieve a player trading profit for somewhere in the region of around 70-80 mil to comply with PSR for the period between 2021/2022 to 2023/2024

what excuse do you believe that club can use to get away with exceeding the 105 mil loss threshold for PSR without player sales? Stadium Costs? Stadium Interest?

people forget stadium costs are not factored into PSR and the dispute over the interest was only around 4 mil or so
Are you of the belief that the 89m loss last year is the figure that is used for PSR calculations?

Because it's not

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back