Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

No one has a perfect transfer record but Freedman has been great at Palace. Could be too early for Jobe but it's clear the type of player profile they target. Wharton, Olise, Eze, Guehi all brought in under Freedman.

….i wonder if there’d be much interest in Bellingham if his surname was different. I watched him in a game earlier this season and he looks and moves just like his brother but wasn’t very good. Saying that, he’s only 18 and is a terrific athlete so clearly has time on his side.

….i wonder if there’d be much interest in Bellingham if his surname was different. I watched him in a game earlier this season and he looks and moves just like his brother but wasn’t very good. Saying that, he’s only 18 and is a terrific athlete so clearly has time on his side.
I think Sunderland were very clever to pick him up for what they did! Play him in a forward position and give him the exposure!
Think he did have good spells last year, but as you say.....i saw him a few times and he didn't do to much

I think Sunderland were very clever to pick him up for what they did! Play him in a forward position and give him the exposure!
Think he did have good spells last year, but as you say.....i saw him a few times and he didn't do to much
I think to do what he did in the championship last year at his age is pretty good TBF. And perhaps telling that it's clubs like Palace and Brentford in for him who generally know what they're doing when it comes to recruitment (although all clubs make missteps). I also think being Bellingham's brother could work the other way in that he'll always be compared in a negative way to his brother rather than being looked on as a player in his own right.

I think to do what he did in the championship last year at his age is pretty good TBF. And perhaps telling that it's clubs like Palace and Brentford in for him who generally know what they're doing when it comes to recruitment (although all clubs make missteps). I also think being Bellingham's brother could work the other way in that he'll always be compared in a negative way to his brother rather than being looked on as a player in his own right.
If I had to list off talented players from the Championship he would be well down the list tbh. He is only 18 and there is a bit of something there but he is miles and miles from Bellingham senior, the likes of Palace and Brentford are happy to make up the numbers so can give him the time to sort his game out, he just wouldn't get that here imo.

I think he's a very good player.

Like Wharton, Palace are recruiting very well.

Type of player we should be going for, someone who is young, plenty of time to grow, and literally would probably be a upgrade in the doucoure position (maybe not right away but over time).

Badly want someone new in that position who can, control a ball, pass a ball, and be genuinely creative. Doucoure made himself undroppable though with his sheer goals for Dyche.

Everton have launched a bid of £25.5m to sign Portuguese midfielder Florentino Luis from Benfica, according to Correio de Manha.

In page 11 of the Portuguese publication’s 31 May edition, journalist Antonio Pereira reports that Florentino is the subject of an opening bid from Everton, but that Benfica president Rui Costa is seeking an additional £8.5m.

The 24-year-old is among several defensive midfield options on Sean Dyche’s shopping list, and has played 38 times in all club competitions for the Liga Portugal runners-up this season.

Pereira notes: “Rui Costa intends to receive another 10 million [euros].

“Benfica are open to negotiating [for] the 24-year-old midfielder, but for a price he considers fair. Florentino has a contract until 2027 and a release clause of 120 million euros.”

Sounds like the Portuguese chaps are stirring the pot a bit here. I'd be gobsmacked if anyone paid over £15mil for him.

If we look at the price Palace signed Wharton for (a superior and younger English player) I just lose interest in this player quite quickly.

Everton have launched a bid of £25.5m to sign Portuguese midfielder Florentino Luis from Benfica, according to Correio de Manha.

In page 11 of the Portuguese publication’s 31 May edition, journalist Antonio Pereira reports that Florentino is the subject of an opening bid from Everton, but that Benfica president Rui Costa is seeking an additional £8.5m.

The 24-year-old is among several defensive midfield options on Sean Dyche’s shopping list, and has played 38 times in all club competitions for the Liga Portugal runners-up this season.

Pereira notes: “Rui Costa intends to receive another 10 million [euros].

“Benfica are open to negotiating [for] the 24-year-old midfielder, but for a price he considers fair. Florentino has a contract until 2027 and a release clause of 120 million euros.”

Sounds like the Portuguese chaps are stirring the pot a bit here. I'd be gobsmacked if anyone paid over £15mil for him.

If we look at the price Palace signed Wharton for (a superior and younger English player) I just lose interest in this player quite quickly.
be shocked if we spent anything like that before anyone going out first, could still be a player we look at but if this deal only way would be similar to beto/chermitti low fee up top

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back