Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Too early to judge on a few of those players and apart from Damsgaard there are none there that you’d call duds

He looked a very good player at the last Euros i think it was mate, surprised he hasn't stepped up.

I see Mbueno is making sounds about a move, Brentford are regressing in my opinion, we need to be ahead of them next season.

Last edited:
Too early to judge on a few of those players and apart from Damsgaard there are none there that you’d call duds
Nathan Collins is a dud!
Kevin Schade is a dud!
Aaron Hickey has played less games than Nathan Patterson (who incidentally when fit gets picked ahead of him for Scotland)
Keane Lewis Potter has been a dud

The others are 'meh'

He looked a very good player at the last Euros i thin it was mate, surprised he hasn't stepped up.

I see Mbueno is making sounds about a move, Brentford are regressing in my opinion, we need to be ahead of them next season.
We were ahead of them this season............with a points deduction!

Lets also have a look at Crystal Palace's

Adam Wharton £20m
Matheus Franca £20m
Dean Henderson £17m
Chieik Doucoure £22m
Chris Richards £12m
Nauirou Ahamada ??? £12m
Marc Guehi £23m
Joachim Anderson £17.5m
Odsonne Edouard £16m
Jean Phillipe Mateta £11m
Michael Olise £10m

Granted, that is a better hit rate than Brentford. But Olise aside, none of them are guaranteed to get into Everton's side

Everton’s recruitment has been terrible recently, but you’d think from reading this place that we’ve got no scouts, are completely and utterly incompetent at transfers, and never make any sort of player profit from sales.

In the last 10 years we’ve sold:

Stones 50 mill - record for a CB at the time, bought him for 3 mill from Barnsley.

Lukaku - 90 mill record for a striker at the time (before Neymar distorted prices), w bought him for 30 mill.

Barkley - sold to Chelsea for 15 mill despite being crocked

Richarlison - doubled our money even when being forced to sell

Gordon - we turned an academy prospect into a 40 mill pound asset

Digne, bought for 12 mill sold for 30

Idrissa Gueye - bought for 7 mill, sold for 30, and we got him back again for pittance

We got larger fees for Moise Kean, Vlasic and Lookman than what we bought them for.

We got a ridiculous fee for Iwobi.

We’ll end up close to doubling our money on Onana

We’ll probably end up close to a transfer record when we sell Branthwaite

We could sell DCL for 20 mill tomorrow and he cost us 2.5 I think.

We got Tarkowski on a free transfer.

We’ve absolutely wasted a ton of money on and buys down the years but it doesn’t half get tiring when people on here act as though every single signing that goes to another club is genius and anyone that Everton are linked with is crap or that we also don’t know how to find decent prospects and sell them on.

A lot of clubs in the league would absolutely kill for academy prospects/ youth scouting that delivered Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley, Stones, Calvert Lewin, Gordon, Branthwaite. Some of them barely have one noticeable player in this same period.

I can't work out if that's a compliment or an insult!

Ha a compliment, too much praise is dished out to these teams too early. If Frank is so great and their recruitment so perfect how did they finish below one of the worst Everton teams ever last season even with a points deduction? People just repeat mantras that Brentford and Brighton do everything right. It was the same with Leicester before they went down and with Wolves for a while. All these other clubs are making similar errors to Everton.

Keane has failed. Simple as that.

Factor in their relative ages and to me it is obvious that Godfrey should be ahead of Keane in the pecking order, which in turn exacerbates the need to dispense with Keane because he's getting paid way too much.

We should loan him out to any club willing to pay 50% + of his wages. We can recall him if needed.
It isn't that simple or cheap.

We all know that Michael Keane is costing far more per week than we can afford for a reserve player.

However, we are not spoilt for choice in the centre half department as it stands.
If we loan out Michael Keane as per your suggestion we still have half of his wages to pay and then he has to be replaced and that player will cost a transfer fee and then we have wages to pay as well.

Michael Keane is nearly always available to play and is adequate cover for a club with our financial problems.

We need to focus on the areas where we are weakest.
We need a central midfielder, two if Onana leaves.
We badly need to sign a player that will bring some creativity to the team.
We need a right back and a left back if we are not to rely on Seamus Coleman and Ashley Young for the season.

Sean Dyche talks about balancing the squad.... he is correct.

There are areas of the pitch far more need of strengthening than centre half.

Everton’s recruitment has been terrible recently, but you’d think from reading this place that we’ve got no scouts, are completely and utterly incompetent at transfers, and never make any sort of player profit from sales.

Stones 50 mill - record for a CB at the time, bought him for 3 mill from Barnsley.

Lukaku - 90 mill record for a striker at the time (before Neymar distorted prices), w bought him for 30 mill.

Idrissa Gueye - bought for 7 mill, sold for 30, and we got him back again for pittance

We got larger fees for Moise Kean, Vlasic and Lookman than what we bought them for.

We’ve absolutely wasted a ton of money on and buys down the years but it doesn’t half get tiring when people on here act as though every single signing that goes to another club is genius and anyone that Everton are linked with is crap or that we also don’t know how to find decent prospects and sell them on.

A lot of clubs in the league would absolutely kill for academy prospects/ youth scouting that delivered Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley, Stones, Calvert Lewin, Gordon, Branthwaite. Some of them barely have one noticeable player in this same period.
We also have Garner who I think has proven to be excellent value for around 9m , as has McNeill for around 15m.
Chermiti is still very much a work in progress but I was impressed with his cameos at the tail end of the season.

This Vincent Komapmy thing might work in our favour.

Dude managed to convince Burnley to spend 110 million in one window.

Honestly I’d take the point deduction for PAR breach and gamble on him being a stand out for Belgium. Getting say £15m more for him could get us way more points (through a decent player purchase) than we will lose through points penalties, even if they throw the book at us.

But I’m a degenerate.

agreed mate, were we have messed up is going beyond our means on big wages (usually players over 26) for either not good enough, or injury prone players!
Then they haven't been able to be shifted.

What we have been good at, as you say is making the BIG money on players for small outlays, or even straight from the academy!

I don't think there has been a science to it, i think it might be our profile that helps that?

I dont know were this 'Brentford get recruitment right' comes from!

Who was the last player they brought in at a low fee that people thought....what a move?

Nathan Collins = £26m
Kevin Schade - £25m
Mark Fleken - £13m
Keane Lewis Potter £19m
Mikkel Damsgaard £15m
Aaron Hickey £14.5m
Kristoffer Ajer £15.7m
Frank Onyeka £10m
Yoane Wissa £10m

Are all there transfers over £10m 2020/21....argument to be said only Wissa represents a 'good' value for money signing

If Everton signed any of these players for these fee's they would all me in the 'meh' category of.....not really worked have they!
Ya they havnt done as well in their recruitment since they got promoted. Only thing is they probably wouldn't lose too much on those players if they sell them on and unlike Everton probably not on rediclous wages, so would be able to sell on rather than having to loan out till their contracts expire

Ha a compliment, too much praise is dished out to these teams too early. If Frank is so great and their recruitment so perfect how did they finish below one of the worst Everton teams ever last season even with a points deduction? People just repeat mantras that Brentford and Brighton do everything right. It was the same with Leicester before they went down and with Wolves for a while. All these other clubs are making similar errors to Everton.
I've been preaching this for ages now!
If Brighton were ace, why do they keep playing Danny Welbeck, Adam Lallana, Jason Steele & Adam Webster.

I also think people massively underate some of our players and if they were available on a free transfer (Doucoure for example) he would walk into Palace & Brighton's team!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back