Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I said you buy one you get one free I said you buy one you get one free!

IMG_3147.webp

That great moment when we were swooping for Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton.
For a day until Redknapp nicked them.

Tbf it was only really Naughton we were after.

Yeah we only wanted Naughton.

Sheff Utd wanted to sell both and Redknapp took them both.

Isnt it amazing that we not only chose the wrong player, but how their careers went in such opposite directions lol

Yeah we only wanted Naughton.

Sheff Utd wanted to sell both and Redknapp took them both.

Isnt it amazing that we not only chose the wrong player, but how their careers went in such opposite directions lol
Kyle Naughton played 7 season of Premier League football, played for his country at under 21 level and played over 250 games for Swansea, a 1 city club! Also getting paid while doing all of this!
I reckon he's pretty satisfied with how its gone!

Oh for the days when we used to "swoop" for players.

Always imagined we hired some monster bird to pluck them from opposition training grounds, y'know like the eagles in Lord of the Rings.
I love transfer vocabulary. Its funny when you imagine it literally. Like when a club "slaps" a price tag on a player. Or when "club X has been put on alert after player y requested a transfer". I imagine a alarms going off and red lights flashing and everyone running around in a blind panic

Looks decent on a view highlight clips, yes I know, bur sometimes you can just see something in a player and he looks like he can play in a number of midfield roles. Even though he looks quite light weight he looks like he can hold his own. Devo worth a punt for £2.5m (believe that’s his market value)

The right back as well from Japan could be a nice signing so they can adapt to a new country together.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back