Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It should have been adjusted for inflation and mad transfer fees years ago. Probably when Liverpool sold Coutinho for £130m or whatever it was.

Think January was the killer, they destroyed the market and messed with he laws of supply and demand and took huge money out of the game, the lobby from agents, players and clubs will be huge.

It is stupid that it was never adjusted with inflation, its a blunt tool anyway.

At the same time there is apart of me that feels, that its unfair to change the rules now, we and Forest were found guilty and now clubs are changing them because they are about to fall foul - it massively lacks integrity, even if its a bad rule, if its going to be applied fairly it needs to be applied to all.

That said it prob works for us. If it was 135 mill, i think that means we could make about a 40 odd mill loss for PSR.

Nketiah is massively overrated.
He's 25 and has scored 19 goals in the Premier league. They play wingers up top instead of him .
Might be wrong but he looks a fox in the box type of player, reliant on lots of support play into the 6 yard box. Not sure we play like that. Most of his goals are when arsenal swarm the box and he's in there to finish. We'd play him up top on his own and wonder why he gets no service and no goals.

I think Pienaar was 30 years of age and cost us 4.5 million to buy him back from Spurs. I’m not sure he was scoring six goals a season either. So I think this Cordova-Reid on a free would be a good move for us.

He predominantly plays on the right hand side. So it would effectively mean that we have swapped a 30 million pound Iwobi, for a £0 Harrison and Reid combo, which is much better value for money imo.

Nketiah is massively overrated.
He's 25 and has scored 19 goals in the Premier league. They play wingers up top instead of him .
If Nketiah is massively overrated what is Broja?
Doesn’t stop us being linked with him every window. He’s an utter imposter of a player, would take Nketiah over him any day of the week.

Then again I’d much prefer our “transfer strategy” wasn’t based on Carp Player Top Trumps.

If Nketiah is massively overrated what is Broja?
Doesn’t stop us being linked with him every window. He’s an utter imposter of a player, would take Nketiah over him any day of the week.

Then again I’d much prefer our “transfer strategy” wasn’t based on Carp Player Top Trumps.
How about neither.

Think January was the killer, they destroyed the market and messed with he laws of supply and demand and took huge money out of the game, the lobby from agents, players and clubs will be huge.

It is stupid that it was never adjusted with inflation, its a blunt tool anyway.

At the same time there is apart of me that feels, that its unfair to change the rules now, we and Forest were found guilty and now clubs are changing them because they are about to fall foul - it massively lacks integrity, even if its a bad rule, if its going to be applied fairly it needs to be applied to all.

That said it prob works for us. If it was 135 mill, i think that means we could make about a 40 odd mill loss for PSR.
Think if any rule change like that gets altered we could probably sue The Premier League for loss of prize money due to points deductions

I suppose we will have to have our selling deals in place by now, don't
I think Pienaar was 30 years of age and cost us 4.5 million to buy him back from Spurs. I’m not sure he was scoring six goals a season either. So I think this Cordova-Reid on a free would be a good move for us.

He predominantly plays on the right hand side. So it would effectively mean that we have swapped a 30 million pound Iwobi, for a £0 Harrison and Reid combo, which is much better value for money imo.
It'd not about goals, BDR isn't half the player Peanuts was. Supposing Pienaar didn't score at all his combination with Baines was worth the 4.5m alone. The only reason he's mentioned is he's free, he's exactly the type we should be avoiding.

What positions are we supposed to be looking for?

I think if we can just get a new right back, a new left back, a replacement for when Branthwaite gets sold, a box to box midfielder, 2 wingers with pace and who can contribute more than 3 goals each a season, a number 10 who is creative but more importantly can control a football and also a back up to Dom who looks a goal threat, I think we'll be sound and could finish top 10

I suppose we will have to have our selling deals in place by now, don't

It'd not about goals, BDR isn't half the player Peanuts was. Supposing Pienaar didn't score at all his combination with Baines was worth the 4.5m alone. The only reason he's mentioned is he's free, he's exactly the type we should be avoiding.

It’s not ALL about goals, but goals do kinda come in handy. £4.5 million for a 30 year old Pienaar back then is probably the equivalent of about 12 million now as well.

It’s funny how Pienaar was welcomed back with open arms after he openly threatened the club with leaving on a free unless he became the clubs highest paid player. Compare that to Barkley, who is vilified to the max just because Chelsea didn’t buy him when we said so.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back