Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think if we can just get a new right back, a new left back, a replacement for when Branthwaite gets sold, a box to box midfielder, 2 wingers with pace and who can contribute more than 3 goals each a season, a number 10 who is creative but more importantly can control a football and also a back up to Dom who looks a goal threat, I think we'll be sound and could finish top 10

Reminds me of my mrs ordering her food after telling me for the past 30 mins that she isn’t hungry and doesn’t want anything

linked with Khephren Thuram in a deal worth over £20m. He is the 23 year old son of Lillian Thuram, plays DM for French side Nice, could be a replacement for Onana. If Khepheren could convince his brother Marcus to come as well that could help us out in the forward areas. :D

https://www.[Publication is blackli...r-khephren-thuram-as-news-emerges-from-italy/

I think signings like chermiti are the only way we can potentially get out of the mess we are in .

10m projects are our best hope .
Its all about balance spending 15 mil on a load of players who need at least a year to acclimatise and who might turn out to be rubbish anyway is definitely not the best way to get out of this mess even if its something we can afford to do which I very much doubt. We need to be sensible and find the right way to fill out the squad with enough quality to keep us safe in the short term while also having an eye on the future the idea is very simple we just have to execute it well thats all.

I don't see us signing any player aged thirty or over on anything but a one year contract with an option for a second year.

We have been burned too often with players who use Everton as a step down to retirement.

We all know the areas that need strengthening now but because we have no idea who will be sold before June 30th , it is impossible to know what our eventual greatest needs will be.

However, my hope is that with a further reduction in wages in year 23/24 of somewhere between 15/20m and with player sales already of about 50m in this financial year then maybe the club is right in saying we don't need to sell.

Smith Rowe from Arsenal would be a great signing but probably unrealistic. It is this type of player we need to get to bring creativity into the team.
I could see Ben Godfrey leave though, a good player but probably not a first eleven player at Everton . I think he would generate a good fee and might welcome a chance somewhere else.

Even if we are lucky enough not to have to sell because of PSR we will certainly need to sell to buy.

Its all about balance spending 15 mil on a load of players who need at least a year to acclimatise and who might turn out to be rubbish anyway is definitely not the best way to get out of this mess even if its something we can afford to do which I very much doubt. We need to be sensible and find the right way to fill out the squad with enough quality to keep us safe in the short term while also having an eye on the future the idea is very simple we just have to execute it well thats all.
I think thats why the likes of Decordova Reid getting linked aren't necesarilly the end of the world!

Good, solid PL proven players, who when you actually look at the stats and figures, are far better value for money than shiney 'projects' from over the globe!

Example-Decordova Reid, only got 1 less PL goal than Cody Gakpo last season

I think thats why the likes of Decordova Reid getting linked aren't necesarilly the end of the world!

Good, solid PL proven players, who when you actually look at the stats and figures, are far better value for money than shiney 'projects' from over the globe!

Example-Decordova Reid, only got 1 less PL goal than Cody Gakpo last season
I think he is a decent player but because of our finances I doubt we could offer a player of his age the length of contract he would want at this stage of his career.

I am not saying you’re wrong but I look at it differently.

If you sign a young player for 10m say, chances are they are on low wages and even if they don’t make the grade you will still be able to sell him to a championship club for 5-10m in a couple of years time.

His wages wouldn’t be to much for them to take on and you get some money back to reinvest.

Vlasic , Gerri , lookman even the Nigerian Henry bloke that never played for us all turn into successful business transactions despite not making the grade .

It’s signings on big wages that kill is as when they flop we can’t recoup anything as nobody will take on their contracts and they leave for free costing us millions

Mina 27m
Gomes 25m
Tuson25m
Walcott 20m
Bolasie 27m
Allan 20m
Williams 11m
Schneiderlin 20m ( recouped 2m)
Niasse 13m
Siggy 45m
Gbamin 20m ( unlucky with injury)
Sandro 5m
Delph 8m

I’m missing players no doubt but that’s 266m in fees and 2m recouped ..

Add in wages and we are taking double that figure with no improvement in the squad ..

Holgate , doucs , deli and probably Keane will all be on big wages and will probably end up getting us zero back in transfer fees

I don't see us signing any player aged thirty or over on anything but a one year contract with an option for a second year.

We have been burned too often with players who use Everton as a step down to retirement.

We all know the areas that need strengthening now but because we have no idea who will be sold before June 30th , it is impossible to know what our eventual greatest needs will be.

However, my hope is that with a further reduction in wages in year 23/24 of somewhere between 15/20m and with player sales already of about 50m in this financial year then maybe the club is right in saying we don't need to sell.

Smith Rowe from Arsenal would be a great signing but probably unrealistic. It is this type of player we need to get to bring creativity into the team.
I could see Ben Godfrey leave though, a good player but probably not a first eleven player at Everton . I think he would generate a good fee and might welcome a chance somewhere else.

Even if we are lucky enough not to have to sell because of PSR we will certainly need to sell to buy.

I would love to think you are right on this, but im not sure who has the final say on that, is it Colin Chong as CEO, or Moshiri? Or Kevin Thelwell? The interesting thing is with De Cordova Reid, why hasnt he agreed a deal at Fulham? is his agent asking for crazy wages? Sportrac says he is on £1.8m a year now (£35k a week) Are we offering a lot more? £50K a week, £60k. We are paying Tarky £100k a week and we signed him on a free.

At a premier league level, hes not on mad money, even if we were to pay him £100k a week for 2 seasons, £5m a season that wouldnt be insane for us. If his output was 8 goals/ assists per season people would probably say it was good business, there's just no resale value.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back