Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

linked with Khephren Thuram in a deal worth over £20m. He is the 23 year old son of Lillian Thuram, plays DM for French side Nice, could be a replacement for Onana. If Khepheren could convince his brother Marcus to come as well that could help us out in the forward areas. :D

Quality player, he would be an awesome replacement for Onana but better... I rate this lad very very highly.

Doubt we will get him because we need actual money to buy him and I suspect teams offering bigger wages will be in for him.

linked with a LB free agent from Sheffield Utd, Max Lowe, I cant see this one. I think we will have Ashley Young for another season. If we were going to get a LB on a free I would have thought it would be Charlie Taylor, hes out of contract at Burnley, the manager knows him, and Tarky and Mcneil have played with him before.

If they flop the loss in 10m plus 10m in wages over 5 years .

Maximum loss is 20m if they are so bad that they can’t even reach championship level.

Bolasie cost us 27m and then 25m in wages …

Even if you get a 50% success rate with youngsters you will be ok.

Simms and cannon went for 16m between them and cannon never played.

The keys is not to buy trash players.

I would argue that there is greater risk in the 20-30m price bracket as their fee and wages can cost you much more and if they don’t develop into a very good prem player you will not be able to make money on them.

Palaces model works , Brighton’s has been very successful and I would much rather be like that and have a chance of watching some decent players develop than signing the likes of Harrison or any other 27 plus year old players that are already in their “prime” and will therefore never be worth anymore than they are when we sign them .

The only way that is unsustainable is if they push you up the league to get a return on investment .
I don't know what point you're making now i don't think this is the same thing as you said at first at all. Like I said the key is just to sign the right players for the right prices there doesn't have to be these stupid hard and fast rules that people try to put on it - don't sign anyone over 25 don't sign anyone from a big club et cetera - you just sign good players who will work in your system and offer good value for money. You say Palaces model works but what is it? I guess you see them sign Wharton and Eze from the Championship and decide thats their model but what about them signing Rob Holding from Arsenal and Clyne from Liverpool and Jefferson Lerma on a free transfer how do they fit into the model you're talking about. Anybody can say don't waste money like we did on Bolasie can't they thats not insight that adds anything to the conversation it doesn't mean the only solution is to buy untried foreign youngsters for reasonably big fees though which was the point I was replying to!

If they flop the loss in 10m plus 10m in wages over 5 years .

Maximum loss is 20m if they are so bad that they can’t even reach championship level.

Bolasie cost us 27m and then 25m in wages …

Even if you get a 50% success rate with youngsters you will be ok.

Simms and cannon went for 16m between them and cannon never played.

The keys is not to buy trash players.

I would argue that there is greater risk in the 20-30m price bracket as their fee and wages can cost you much more and if they don’t develop into a very good prem player you will not be able to make money on them.

Palaces model works , Brighton’s has been very successful and I would much rather be like that and have a chance of watching some decent players develop than signing the likes of Harrison or any other 27 plus year old players that are already in their “prime” and will therefore never be worth anymore than they are when we sign them .

The only way that is unsustainable is if they push you up the league to get a return on investment .
Has anyone ever thought you can buy a range of players?

You can sign free transfers
You can sign 32 year olds
You can sign 19 year olds
You can sign players in there prime

Everyone's obsession with having 'type of player we should target' is infuriating!

Young players are good...........they are quicker, room to improve and tend to be energetic
Old players have experience, knowhow, ability but sometimes they have slow legs

How about a blend of different type of players? That might work! Look at our golden triangle of defensive stability! We have the big signing (Pickford), the cheap potential with room to grow (Branthwaite) & the experience (Tarkowski).

Everyone's obsession with having 'type of player we should target' is infuriating!

Young players are good...........they are quicker, room to improve and tend to be energetic

How about a blend of different type of players? That might work! Look at our golden triangle of defensive stability! We have the big signing (Pickford), the cheap potential with room to grow (Branthwaite) & the experience (Tarkowski).
I could not agree more the way people try to rule out whole groups of players as the wrong profile no matter what the circumstances are is so annoying! Signing a 30 year old for 30 mil and giving them 150 grand a week and a five year contract and signing a 30 year old on a free transfer for 2 years on 50 grand a week aren't the same thing at all but people act like they are.

We are skint and until we sell a few, no-one will be coming in. People looking at players £20m and so, honestly more chance of knitting dog. Thelwell and Dyche have said the loan market or free's.

I am glad that Wolves and Forest are reported to be competing for the services of Che Adams, so that we don't get linked with that tree stump yet again, as has been done for the past (infinity sign) years.

I mean that sounds like crazy person talk. Having young players full of legs and potential playing with experienced and wise older players? Fitting needs based on a budget????

What things in life could POSSIBLY be better having a mix of different ingredients or people with different strengths, crazy old man?

I will take a bet now that; Chelsea, Villa and Newcastle will not get a points deduction. I think us, Forest and Leicester are a different matter. Leicester in particular, based on the rules we were judged on, should start the season with a points deduction. The premier league found them guilty of PSR breach last season, from when they were last in the premier league, but they didnt get a punishment from the premier league. Forest could be OK, if they sell Gibbs-White or Hudson-Odoi.

For us Onana and Branthwaite will get linked with moves all summer. I think Onana is nailed on to be sold, its if that will be enough or we have to sell Branthwaite.

My gut feeling is that PSR will get scrapped and replaced with a new system, but probably not until us, Leicester, Forrest and possibly Villa and Newcastle have sold first team players this summer.
They have to take points off is no other way if you look at the cases

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back