Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we sell no one by 30/6, what are the chances of us breaching again? 100%?
I saw a while ago Joe Thomas posting that we can lose something like 35m for FSR over the last season. Which looks an unrealistic target when you consider the last set of accounts. So in my view we need a 40/50m sale. But I am only guessing here.

Edit: there is an article today in the Echo stating 38m and a players sale seems inevitable as last the last accounts were boosted by the sale of Gordon

I saw a while ago Joe Thomas posting that we can lose something like 35m for FSR over the last season. Which looks an unrealistic target when you consider the last set of accounts. So in my view we need a 40/50m sale. But I am only guessing here.

Edit: there is an article today in the Echo stating 38m and a players sale seems inevitable as last the last accounts were boosted by the sale of Gordon
FSR - FFS.

Have they changed the rules again without telling us...

I guess it was inevertonble.

Has anyone ever thought you can buy a range of players?

You can sign free transfers
You can sign 32 year olds
You can sign 19 year olds
You can sign players in there prime

Everyone's obsession with having 'type of player we should target' is infuriating!

Young players are good...........they are quicker, room to improve and tend to be energetic
Old players have experience, knowhow, ability but sometimes they have slow legs

How about a blend of different type of players? That might work! Look at our golden triangle of defensive stability! We have the big signing (Pickford), the cheap potential with room to grow (Branthwaite) & the experience (Tarkowski).
How very dare you suggest something balanced and sensible...

Bow your head in shame. This is a forum for extremists only.

We want fashion, not function.

2/10. Try again for your scaremongering.

200w.gif

Only Palace, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham had older average age last season, this coming season we might be the oldest if we are looking to add players the wrong side of 30, it is clear to see from his past that Dyche loves the older players and even at Everton he is loathe to play youngsters over the older players.

The only exception is Branthwaite...

1717702430509.png

There is literally no one else in CM, Doucoure always played.

Gueye rotated with Onana...

Garner got second most appearances this season behind Tarkowski.
I get your point sort of but you can just turn it around and say that there is no one else because Dyche trusted those two young players to get us through. He could have easily gone and signed a couple of Ashley Young's to play centre mid but he didn't.

I think Dyche values experience but so do nearly all managers. Young was signed under his watch sure but so was Chermiti.

Andy Lonergan leaving will bring down the average age a good wedge on his own too!

I get your point sort of but you can just turn it around and say that there is no one else because Dyche trusted those two young players to get us through. He could have easily gone and signed a couple of Ashley Young's to play centre mid but he didn't.

I think Dyche values experience but so do nearly all managers. Young was signed under his watch sure but so was Chermiti.

Andy Lonergan leaving will bring down the average age a good wedge on his own too!
I`ve factored in Lonergan leaving and the average age of our squad is still 27/28...

My point, although not well worded, was that we have enough experience. We need to start taking risks on young £3m-£5m players from the continental leagues, and adding some pace to this team.

I suspect it will all be free players and loans due to the never ending takeover process... to think we probably won`t have new owners before this window closes either.

Only Palace, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham had older average age last season, this coming season we might be the oldest if we are looking to add players the wrong side of 30, it is clear to see from his past that Dyche loves the older players and even at Everton he is loathe to play youngsters over the older players.

The only exception is Branthwaite...

View attachment 259815
The facts might be the facts, but given the end result, and the paucity of quality in the squad, particular on some of the benches he had to put out, I find it extremely hard to criticise Dyche’s team selections last season, with hindsight. It was occasionally baffling, but the end absolutely justified the means. And I’ll never forget the x meltdown for not bringing Dobbin on who hadn’t even travelled because he was injured.

I think “Dobbo” was on the verge of some appearances but got crocked at the wrong time.

Managers like Dyche will spend lots of their career perilously close to either relegation or the sack. So far he has done a very good job in the former with limited squads. Can see why they don’t always lash a load of kids on in that situation. It’s not like we have any genuine world beaters in the youth teams. If KW provides some genuine youth options that we can honestly say aren’t being thrown to the lions, then we can see whether he plays them. But suspect next year will be much of the same, sadly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back