Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think if we can just get a new right back, a new left back, a replacement for when Branthwaite gets sold, a box to box midfielder, 2 wingers with pace and who can contribute more than 3 goals each a season, a number 10 who is creative but more importantly can control a football and also a back up to Dom who looks a goal threat, I think we'll be sound and could finish top 10
Think he will keep to young at rb and will get a lb in. But agree would want both fb positions is this window we need make a choice on patterson

Think he will keep to young at rb and will get a lb in. But agree would want both fb positions is this window we need make a choice on patterson

Godfrey is our best right back, and that’s why we need to extend his contract. Godfrey is better than Coleman, Young, and Patterson.

Patterson is our worst right back, and needs moving on to a level he is capable of playing at.

I suppose we will have to have our selling deals in place by now, don't

It'd not about goals, BDR isn't half the player Peanuts was. Supposing Pienaar didn't score at all his combination with Baines was worth the 4.5m alone. The only reason he's mentioned is he's free, he's exactly the type we should be avoiding.
A decent premier league player on a free and below average wages who is likely to accept being a squad player is definitely not the type of player we should be avoiding I don't know what world some of you live in. He wouldn't exactly get the pulse racing but if our aim is just to stay safe and get the finances back in order then he's exactly the type of signing we need to be making.

So many positions needed, so many problem areas. Just dont want us to pay over the odds due to wanting to pay back £2 a season for said player.
In theory, if we kept the same squad as last season but with better wingers on loan than harrison and danjuma we would comfortably stay in the premier league.

Its really down to how much we need to bring in to avoid psr issues

So many positions needed, so many problem areas. Just dont want us to pay over the odds due to wanting to pay back £2 a season for said player.
In theory, if we kept the same squad as last season but with better wingers on loan than harrison and danjuma we would comfortably stay in the premier league.

Its really down to how much we need to bring in to avoid psr issues
Wingers and any form of creativity in midfield makes us better. If we got minimum a CAM and RW, it would go the furthest with the least…but my god we need full back cover too. As well as half a dozen other positions and depth.

Its literally a game of two halves. (This coming season, and the future)

In the next 12 months we have to remain in the premiership and then, fingers crossed, we have a functioning stadium income with new owners.

We just need to avoid allowing the historical overpriced wages on long deals, such as bernard and ramires style contracts just because they came at a cheap price.

So many mistakes have been made at the club its crazy.

Still buying a player who you’ve got till 34.
You could buy a young winger for a similar fee, with potential to improve and sell on. Bournemouth only paid 10 for semenyo

Totally agree , we cannot afford to sign players that we know will be leaving on a free .

Our financial situation means we have to start making money or at least recouping our money on transfers

Fantastic , another “ free” player that is looking for one last bumper contract so he can down tools and cruise through his final years
Why if the club is looking at him must be the right deal no crazy money and the contract length. Would be no higher than 2 option for a 3rd for me. If wants to much we have to walk away

They want to sell for 30m I think.

Smith Rowe would be decent but linked to Fulham and you'd think Palace would be interested aswell.

Smith Rowe would be our ceiling as far as players we can attract , assuming we could imo

Decent player that is technically very good and a midfielder that can take the ball on the turn and actually not soil himself whenever he is passed the ball

Cash and Smith Rowe on loan for me, we badly need creativity, also like Reis Nelson, badly wasted there.

Heard a rumour today Dom is close to a new contract 115k, three years. Don’t know how true it will turn out to be.

115k a week? A grand for every sitter and game he has missed .. awesome

Might be wrong but he looks a fox in the box type of player, reliant on lots of support play into the 6 yard box. Not sure we play like that. Most of his goals are when arsenal swarm the box and he's in there to finish. We'd play him up top on his own and wonder why he gets no service and no goals.

I dont think Nketiah suits how we play. like it or not, we play long ball, we need a striker who can win the ball, compete for 2nd balls, hold it up and bring the midfielders into play. I dont think thats him at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back