Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Villa and Newcastle are showing that breaking into the top tier with smart investment and management is possible. However, these examples are still relatively rare, and the overall trend shows that financial muscle plays a significant role in sustaining success at the top level.

Gross mismanagement has certainly hindered clubs like Everton, and better management could indeed lead to improved performance. But even with excellent management, the financial gap created by current regulations makes it incredibly challenging to consistently compete with clubs that have vastly superior resources.

Regarding changes to the rules, the argument isn't necessarily about benefiting City but about creating a more equitable system overall. If financial regulations are reformed to truly level the playing field, it could potentially benefit all clubs, not just the wealthiest ones. The goal would be to ensure that smart management and investment can indeed lead to sustained success, without being constantly overshadowed by the financial clout of a few dominant clubs.

If we acknowledge that smart management and investment are crucial, do you believe the current financial rules sufficiently level the playing field to allow clubs like Everton, Villa, and Newcastle to consistently compete with the top teams? Or do you think there's room for reform to make the competition even fairer and more balanced across all clubs?
Don’t get me wrong, rule changes need to happen, but City winning their case will be a disaster. Anyone who thinks that City ‘blowing it all apart’ means that clubs like us will then stand a chance are delusional. The PL will be no better than the French league.

City’s owners want to buy everything, to just keep having the titles handed to them. If they win it will just be them and Newcastle claiming everything. The cartel will then be the also rans with a rare cup win and clubs like us will be no more than a footnote.

Suppose our new owners are not “loaded beyond belief” we won’t be able to get sponsorship deals like the top teams will, let’s be honest we are no longer a pull like they are because of the consistent criminal mismanagement we have been subjected to. So we won’t be any closer to be successful again.

Too many let their RS hatred obscure their view of the bigger picture (not you but even my mates want City to win so that the RS and Utd etc. are unable to be truly successful again). Thats their prerogative but with the state of our club, the mismanagement, Kenwright, and this t@spot Moshiri I couldn’t give a flying fook what those mongrels over the park are doing.. it doesn’t effect us and I’ve long stopped caring what’s happening there. I only care how things are effecting us. City winning is bad for our game full stop.

Yes, please let’s have some rule changes, make it fairer, but please don’t let city win their cases.

For me, I’d love an all Premier League fan groups consultation on finding the best and fairest way to bring rules in that protect clubs from themselves as well as closing the gap between the haves and have nots.,

There’s lots of very clever people who if given the opportunity could come up with something far better than Masters and his corrupt brethren could ever hope to.

Villa and Newcastle are showing that breaking into the top tier with smart investment and management is possible. However, these examples are still relatively rare, and the overall trend shows that financial muscle plays a significant role in sustaining success at the top level.

Gross mismanagement has certainly hindered clubs like Everton, and better management could indeed lead to improved performance. But even with excellent management, the financial gap created by current regulations makes it incredibly challenging to consistently compete with clubs that have vastly superior resources.

Regarding changes to the rules, the argument isn't necessarily about benefiting City but about creating a more equitable system overall. If financial regulations are reformed to truly level the playing field, it could potentially benefit all clubs, not just the wealthiest ones. The goal would be to ensure that smart management and investment can indeed lead to sustained success, without being constantly overshadowed by the financial clout of a few dominant clubs.

If we acknowledge that smart management and investment are crucial, do you believe the current financial rules sufficiently level the playing field to allow clubs like Everton, Villa, and Newcastle to consistently compete with the top teams? Or do you think there's room for reform to make the competition even fairer and more balanced across all clubs?
Aren’t both Villa and Newcastle close to PSR issues and need to sell in June ? Along with Chelsea, Forest, Leicester and us they make up the PSR 6