Edoardo Bove (Roma)
Lamine Camara (Metz)
Aster Vranckx (Wolfsberg)

Existing
Amadou Onana
Idrissa Gana
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucoure

Would suggest we are also succession planning in the engine room - when you look at our existing midfielders only Garner i think is under contract come next July, presuming Onana is away.

Lamine Camara & Edoardo Bove are pretty creative while being well suited to a Dyche midfield.

Not sure about that man.

Looking at his stats:

Games played: 31, 18 starts, average 58mins pg

Goals:0, xg 1.96, shots pg 0.6, on target 0.2

Assists: 2, xa 1.19, Key passes pg 0.5, big chances created 0.0

Passing: 20.8 pg, 34.4 touches pg, accuracy 84%, opposition half passes 12.9 (81% successful), own half 8 (89% successful)

Seems like a decent ball playing midfielder but not the creative type.

I don't think McNeil is a winger or a CAM... I think he's a wing-back. His best position would be a LWB in a Conte formation. Aside from that, I think his second best position would probably be as an inverted RW operating in the same respect that Olise/Palmer do. IF Patterson could stay fit having an overlapping RB with McNeil cutting in then it would work well.

I don't think McNeil is a winger or a CAM... I think he's a wing-back. His best position would be a LWB in a Conte formation. Aside from that, I think his second best position would probably be as an inverted RW operating in the same respect that Olise/Palmer do. IF Patterson could stay fit having an overlapping RB with McNeil cutting in then it would work well.

Two problems really

As a wing back, you need to be able to get up and down and McNeil's lack of pace would be a real issue here

As a right sided player, it's been tried but he is the most one-footed player I've ever seen at Everton and because of that and the way he receives the ball, he's unbelievably predictable. I thought before he came here that this would be the best position for him, because he has an eye for a pass and a good shot, so him coming inside onto that left foot might work. Unfortunately, he's so predictable and can't shield the ball away to his other foot, so he loses it most of the time

I haven't seen any evidence yet that the role he plays for Dyche isn't the one which suits him best

Two problems really

As a wing back, you need to be able to get up and down and McNeil's lack of pace would be a real issue here

As a right sided player, it's been tried but he is the most one-footed player I've ever seen at Everton and because of that and the way he receives the ball, he's unbelievably predictable. I thought before he came here that this would be the best position for him, because he has an eye for a pass and a good shot, so him coming inside onto that left foot might work. Unfortunately, he's so predictable and can't shield the ball away to his other foot, so he loses it most of the time

I haven't seen any evidence yet that the role he plays for Dyche isn't the one which suits him best

I think if you have an athletic LCM and LCB in place then his pace wouldn't be an issue. It would get the best out of his strengths too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back