Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I don't think the club will allow themselves to intentionally breach again. It would dictate a point deduction - with one already potentially hanging next season from a deferral last season.

A breach dictates point deduction - and mitigation is pissed away when it's repeat, and when the club will have to admit they declined the chance to comply with the rules that they agreed to.

"But he was worth more" won't be accepted, as it wasn't accepted when we gave that reason for declining PSVs bid for Branthwaite. It'll be seen as reckless risk. A gamble.

I've no doubt they're desperately trying to line up sales behind the scenes of Onana etc prior this months deadline. If they can't sell him, or Calvert-Lewin, or others (academy players?) to meet the shortfall - it stands to reason to me that they'll sell Branthwaite for whatever they can get.

I agree that they won't want to breach again. I suppose I'm putting some faith in the club here in that they've been transparent with us about the situation and that Branthwaite won't be sold cheaply. If he is then they'll have fallen at the first hurdle again regarding trying to get some good faith with the fans again.

The only benefit to selling DCL is we wouldn’t have to sell Branthwaite for less than a staggering amount. Given that Onana is away and can’t do anything for a while, it feels like a toss up between:

1) Taking a hit on Branthwaite if DCL signs a new deal, then selling Onana in July, and
2) Selling DCL and playing hardball on Branthwaite, whilst also inevitably selling Onana.

Tough decision as option 2 brings us more money but effectively sees our spine ripped out. Huge rebuild. With all that said, it’s all up to DCL really. Hope he signs.

The only benefit to selling DCL is we wouldn’t have to sell Branthwaite for less than a staggering amount. Given that Onana is away and can’t do anything for a while, it feels like a toss up between:

1) Taking a hit on Branthwaite if DCL signs a new deal, then selling Onana in July, and
2) Selling DCL and playing hardball on Branthwaite, whilst also inevitably selling Onana.

Tough decision as option 2 brings us more money but effectively sees our spine ripped out. Huge rebuild. With all that said, it’s all up to DCL really. Hope he signs.
given how the season ended i don't think Dyche see's Onana here and to be brutally honest, when he wasn't playing we didn't miss him. JB would be a massive loss but if we don't need to sell this summer and he's willing to stay it makes total sense to keep him. That is unless the new owner wants to rebuild and selling Branthwaite gives him the wiggle room to do that, but i'm not sure any ownership deal would be complete in time.
I think Dom goes. I imagine he wants too, and if he doesn't sign and there's interest i think the club with reluctantly accept as reasonable offer.

You’d like to think that with more stable working capital coming in from the new owners selling DCL + Onana would give us a reasonable shot at retaining Branthwaite for one more year.

Need Friedkin in as soon as possible though it's too late if we're hamstrung by PSR. This is the complete antithesis of sustainability and is absolutely ludicrous.

This can't happen again. It's imperative we have people of authority and credibility to speak for the club and confront this rubbish.

I agree that they won't want to breach again. I suppose I'm putting some faith in the club here in that they've been transparent with us about the situation and that Branthwaite won't be sold cheaply. If he is then they'll have fallen at the first hurdle again regarding trying to get some good faith with the fans again.
They're leaving so I guess it's more about what the potential new owners would prefer. A star player and a points deduction or no star player and no points deduction. It may well impact the selling price

They don't like to play outside of Italy.

Always the exceptions to the rule, but Italians just love their own culture too much to be bothered to travel.
The guys replying to this with th e likes of Vialli, Zola, Di Canio & Di Matteo!

That long ago that one has passed away, one is 57, 55 & 54!

None have played football for 20 years!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back