Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We'll definitely sell someone before the end of June.

I'm convinced It'll be Branthwaite for whatever we can get, if we don't sell Calvert-Lewin, or Onana.

Man Utd will be dragging their feet, knowing full well we need to sell.

Can't see us shifting Godfrey+Maupay, or anyone else for what we'd need prior the deadline. Nobody is in a rush to sign those 2. Not sure how much we'd need for Douglas Lukjanciks.
Onana should be our primary sale considering his position in the team, let's hope it is enough to tide us over to the next season in such an event.

Onana should be our primary sale considering his position in the team, let's hope it is enough to tide us over to the next season in such an event.
Going to be much more awkward to get done by 30 June though with him away at the Euros. Not impossible, but less likely I'd say.

Going to be much more awkward to get done by 30 June though with him away at the Euros. Not impossible, but less likely I'd say.
Also depends on when we get him back.
Belgium has to have a decent run. His role should be bigger than what his international number 24 suggests.

Dont know about that mate, they look like disrupters and pressers in the main to me.

We need more creativity, i dont particularly mind any of the players mentioned - but an absolute priority for me is creativity and goals to improve us, its by far our biggest weakness, whatever budget we have id be prioritising that personally.

Remember the United team with Giggs, Beckham, Keane etc. They were all pressers but had quality on the ball and a hard tackle.

Camara looks like he's going to be a top notch player and can definitely play a pass. Bove has some quality on the ball as well.

If you want a player who is more of a James then I dont see that happening.

We were linked with Alex Robertson from City yesterday too. And Arthur Melo ofc.

Midfielders linked:

Tim Iroegbunam (Villa)
Edoardo Bove (Roma)
Lamine Camara (Metz)
Aster Vranckx (Wolfsberg)
Alex Robertoson (City)
Arthur Melo (Juventus)

Existing
Amadou Onana
Idrissa Gana
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucoure

Would suggest we are also succession planning in the engine room - when you look at our existing midfielders only Garner i think is under contract come next July, presuming Onana is away.

Gana & Doucoure will both be out of contract next season -- leaving only Garner and Onana.

So, of the 3 midfield positions we will only have 2 players ;)

Not sure about that man.

Looking at his stats:

Games played: 31, 18 starts, average 58mins pg

Goals:0, xg 1.96, shots pg 0.6, on target 0.2

Assists: 2, xa 1.19, Key passes pg 0.5, big chances created 0.0

Passing: 20.8 pg, 34.4 touches pg, accuracy 84%, opposition half passes 12.9 (81% successful), own half 8 (89% successful)

Seems like a decent ball playing midfielder but not the creative type.

Yeah both of them are good on the ball but not like James. We wont sign anyone like that while Dyche is manager. Most likely high energy players across the pitch as the focus

Is that Camara the same guy that played for them in the World Cup?

No mate https://www.transfermarkt.com/lamine-camara/profil/spieler/918969

We'll definitely sell someone before the end of June.

I'm convinced It'll be Branthwaite for whatever we can get, if we don't sell Calvert-Lewin, or Onana.

Man Utd will be dragging their feet, knowing full well we need to sell.

Can't see us shifting Godfrey+Maupay, or anyone else for what we'd need prior the deadline. Nobody is in a rush to sign those 2. Not sure how much we'd need for Douglas Lukjanciks.

Id rather we didnt sell Lukjanciks, Branthwaite or Onana.

Solely selling DCL gives us the £25mil for PSR purposes but also enables us to spend far more than that on transfers -- which can then be balanced from stadium sponsorship revenue and the like.

That would be a sensible move with Beto and Maupay also being punted and a new CF signed.

We'll sell him if nobody else is able to be sold.

If we aren't in the position that we're in, Man Utd don't lowball as they have.
So if we haven’t sold anyone by June 30th we will sell Branthwaite for 40/45 mil??
Definitely not happening, I think the club would take the points, which has been mentioned on a few pods I’ve listened to

The guys replying to this with th e likes of Vialli, Zola, Di Canio & Di Matteo!

That long ago that one has passed away, one is 57, 55 & 54!

None have played football for 20 years!

So true, they just dont like being outside of Italy, and I think they have always got a move ready for 12-18 months time when they want back home, good players, just never settle.

So if we haven’t sold anyone by June 30th we will sell Branthwaite for 40/45 mil??
Definitely not happening, I think the club would take the points, which has been mentioned on a few pods I’ve listened to
The club won't willingly take a points deduction as easily as the fans.

It cost us millions and in other seasons would have relegated us.

Imagine trying to sign a player and telling them we're probably getting a 10 point deduction because we don't want to sell someone its an absolutely crazy shout.

Imagine trying to sign a player and telling them we're probably getting a 10 point deduction because we don't want to sell someone its an absolutely crazy shout.
I'm also sure our constant "bad press" has probably affected our sponsorship also.

Would you want to be linked to a club that constantly generates "bad press"?

Guess that's why we have Castore, Stake and Kick.

Well selling hasn’t helped us and look at forest with Johnson. So I’m not sure. Also it’s been mentioned we’re not in a bad as state as been previously talked about like, administration/fire sale nonsense. So who knows how much we’re off, if any

Maybe dont tell them!
Ok so they say i'm a bit concerned about the whole financial thing theres a lot of reports about points deductions and administration I'm not feeling that at all and we say no nothing to worry about and then a couple of months later say haha yeah that was a lie sorry we knew this was coming. That sounds like a good way to keep players happy and get a good name for ourselves you're right.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back