Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Points deductions are different to any of that. Players don't want to work hard for points that get taken off them for things outside their control and don't want to find themselves in false positions in the league because the club hasn't looked after its finances. Its a stupid idea and i'd be amazed and really annoyed if we do it as will pretty much everyone involved in the entire sport.

But its guarded isn't it, we wont know until Jan whether there will be a charge - so its going to be at play in players or agents minds anyway. As will relegation.

So we can tell a player - we are compliant and not be, We are compliant and are. The player and agent will still have to make a decision on what to believe.

We wont be leading with we are defo in breach but we can overcome a points deduction - come on!

Fairly clear that Branthwaite is far and away our best asset, if we are selling him he should be the last to go, would be silly to do otherwise. Also, if the apparent money we need to make up is only around £25m then you can easily make that up in worse players, looking at the squad Keane, Godfrey, Holgate and Maupay should all be first out of the door regardless, take any fee and save their wages, then we could theoretically sell Onana for a few million cheaper than we would've otherwise, and we're financially ok. That's before we account for any potentially "dodgy" deals we could get away with under new ownership, too.

Frankly, even if we did fail PSR again, I wouldn't even be that worried. I'd rather take a 3 point deduction or whatever, rather than sell the likes of Onana, Branthwaite and DCL for peanuts, especially when wealthy ownership is literally around the corner. It would be incredibly short-sighted.

Maybe this Edoardo Bove we can get on loan with agreed price if he performs here. Add that to the villa kid with harrison loan, then with Jacob Greaves rumours aswell would be a great start.

Remember, Roma have debts as well.

I especially like the links to Bove and Camara. In my opinion those two could both be bargains. Very happy if we could sign them both.

Regarding the other midfield links, Iroegbunam was very highly rated 12months ago off the back of his QPR loan. He was only 19 then and to do well in a championship midfield isnt an easy task.

Hopefully we can get all three over the line. I suspect the total fees would be not far off the £33mil we paid for Onana.

Going into the season with Garner, Bove, Camara, Iroegbunam, Gana and Doucoure looks very exciting to me. It would also hopefully mean that in 12months time the two older players would not be missed as their contracts expire.

Our priority then would need to be a right winger to develop and rotate with Harrison.

Remember, Roma have debts as well.

I especially like the links to Bove and Camara. In my opinion those two could both be bargains. Very happy if we could sign them both.

Regarding the other midfield links, Iroegbunam was very highly rated 12months ago off the back of his QPR loan. He was only 19 then and to do well in a championship midfield isnt an easy task.

Hopefully we can get all three over the line. I suspect the total fees would be not far off the £33mil we paid for Onana.

Going into the season with Garner, Bove, Camara, Iroegbunam, Gana and Doucoure looks very exciting to me. It would also hopefully mean that in 12months time the two older players would not be missed as their contracts expire.

Our priority then would need to be a right winger to develop and rotate with Harrison.
6 midfielders seems like an awful lot for a Sean Dyche squad

So a player is only a player if they played within the last what? 5 years? 10 years? Hilarious reply by the way. Top bants bro.Yawn.
More about the evolution of the game and living environments in the 25 years since the players were relevant mate.

Its like comparing Maradonna & Messi! They come from different era's

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back