Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

More about the evolution of the game and living environments in the 25 years since the players were relevant mate.

Its like comparing Maradonna & Messi! They come from different era's
Its not about that at all. So those Italians who could happily settle and play here 25 years ago suddenly couldnt now? Why exactly? The point was made about Italians not liking/taking to being away from their home country. The names given were players who did(and there are others who havent been mentioned) so why you suddenly decided to set an acceptable timeframe for it to count is a mystery.

Last edited:
Remember, Roma have debts as well.

I especially like the links to Bove and Camara. In my opinion those two could both be bargains. Very happy if we could sign them both.

Regarding the other midfield links, Iroegbunam was very highly rated 12months ago off the back of his QPR loan. He was only 19 then and to do well in a championship midfield isnt an easy task.

Hopefully we can get all three over the line. I suspect the total fees would be not far off the £33mil we paid for Onana.

Going into the season with Garner, Bove, Camara, Iroegbunam, Gana and Doucoure looks very exciting to me. It would also hopefully mean that in 12months time the two older players would not be missed as their contracts expire.

Our priority then would need to be a right winger to develop and rotate with Harrison.
You think we would sign that many cm i can see two plus an cam one. Not sure what postion camara plays cdm? Also with bovr maybe a high loan fee like danjuma i am still unsire if its true

I had not heard of Tim Iroegbunam much, as he is a young player, not played much for Villa, but had a season in the Championship. looking at his highlights, he looks like a decent all round midfield player. for £10m it seems like the type of business we should be doing, its very low risk.

Bove looks like a good young player, high energy, someone who can play in Central Midfield or maybe a little further forward behind a main striker. Looks a little like Gomes (before the injury), can offer us some creativity in there, which we are lacking at the moment

Read something from a link from Newsnow (I know, I know…) that we are clear of PSR. Not sure if true or close to true

Its based on that, its behind a "paywall", sort of.

Everton know how much cash they need to generate in player sales before 30th June – and the situation is a lot better than some fans might have feared.

The Toffees were hit with two separate points deductions in 2023-24 for failing to finish within the Premier League’s £105m rolling three-year loss limit.

And with the 30th June now acting as a mini deadline day for clubs to generate player trading profit before the close of the PSR assessment period window, some fans have feared a fire sale on Merseyside.

Jarrad Branthwaite is a target for Man United but Everton are believed to be demanding a world-record fee for an English defender if the 21-year-old is to leave.

Newcastle United-linked Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Arsenal target Amadou Onana are also high-value assets that they could cash in on if the situation demanded it.

However, the latest analyses suggests that Everton will not be held over a barrel because of PSR issues.

Everton won’t be forced to sell players to comply with PSR​

According to world-renowned football finance analyst Swiss Ramble, Everton are within the £105m loss limit for the three-year period up to 2023-24.

That is despite being expected to post an operating loss of £98m for the financial year.

They are forecasted to come in under the limit in part due to the £40m in player sale profit they made in January, when Alex Iwobi, Demarai Gray, Tom Cannon and Ellis Sims were all offloaded for fees.

Swiss Ramble also cites a projected increase in revenue from £172m to £191m thanks to a surge in matchday income, TV cash and prize money.

He did, however, stress that these figures are estimations and that, without having access to the 2023-24 accounts due to be released early next year, it is impossible to judge definitively.

But the analysis bodes well for Everton, given that even with a margin for error take into account they are at least close to complying with financial fair play (now PSR) in the current window.

What is Everton’s PSR situation heading into next season?​

It is expected that Everton will post another loss in 2023-24, albeit one more modest than the two previous seasons.

They will therefore have to be restrained in the transfer market in order to hopefully get to a position where they can be more ambitious again in future seasons.
A lot will depend on the direction they choose to take under Dan Friedkin, who is the clear favourite to buy the club from Farhad Moshiri.

The AS Roma owner has entered into a period of exclusivity with Moshiri, beating off competition from a number of private equity companies and billionaire-backed consortiums.

From the Swiss Ramble who used to posrt for free on twitter. Heard him on the price of football and seemed to know what he was talking about so signed up for a yr. the mails are quite good.
In same mail, he has quite a few clubs needing sales (Villa, Chelsea, Leicester & newcastle)

Everton

Having been deducted points for both the 2021/22 and 2022/23 returns, Everton fans would be forgiven for fearing the worst for 2023/24, but I reckon that they are just about fine, even without making any player sales in June.

Obviously, this positive picture depends on the assumptions made, so here goes.

First, I am projecting an increase in revenue from £172m to £191m with growth in all three revenue streams. Match day should be boosted by four more home games and a 10% ticket price increase, while the central TV distribution is higher, because the league position improved from 17th to 15th. More contentiously, I have assumed a 15% increase in commercial income, thanks to assuming that some of the Russian sponsorships have (finally) been replaced.

I have also forecast a 10% reduction in wages, following some player departures, while there was no repeat of the £10m exceptional payment for the departure of Frank Lampard and his team. More conservatively, I have assumed another £5m of player impairment and a £6m increase in interest payable in line with growing debt.

That would give a £98m operating loss, which is £37m more than the £61m required to meet PSR.

However, Everton have already booked £40m profit from player sales, mainly from Alex Iwobi to Fulham, Demarai Gray to Al-Ettifaq, Tom Cannon to Leicester City and Ellis Sims to Coventry City.

In other words, job done. If my calculations are accurate, then from a PSR perspective Everton could afford to hang on to the likes of Jarrad Branthwaite, Amadou Onana and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Or at least they could hold out for a decent price.

Attachments

• IMG_0911.webp
    IMG_0911.webp
    193.4 KB · Views: 10

From the Swiss Ramble who used to posrt for free on twitter. Heard him on the price of football and seemed to know what he was talking about so signed up for a yr. the mails are quite good.
In same mail, he has quite a few clubs needing sales (Villa, Chelsea, Leicester & newcastle)

Everton

Having been deducted points for both the 2021/22 and 2022/23 returns, Everton fans would be forgiven for fearing the worst for 2023/24, but I reckon that they are just about fine, even without making any player sales in June.

First, I am projecting an increase in revenue from £172m to £191m with growth in all three revenue streams. Match day should be boosted by four more home games and a 10% ticket price increase, while the central TV distribution is higher, because the league position improved from 17th to 15th. More contentiously, I have assumed a 15% increase in commercial income, thanks to assuming that some of the Russian sponsorships have (finally) been replaced.

I have also forecast a 10% reduction in wages, following some player departures, while there was no repeat of the £10m exceptional payment for the departure of Frank Lampard and his team. More conservatively, I have assumed another £5m of player impairment and a £6m increase in interest payable in line with growing debt.

That would give a £98m operating loss, which is £37m more than the £61m required to meet PSR.

However, Everton have already booked £40m profit from player sales, mainly from Alex Iwobi to Fulham, Demarai Gray to Al-Ettifaq, Tom Cannon to Leicester City and Ellis Sims to Coventry City.

In other words, job done. If my calculations are accurate, then from a PSR perspective Everton could afford to hang on to the likes of Jarrad Branthwaite, Amadou Onana and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Or at least they could hold out for a decent price.

They are some pretty WILD assumptions.

Everton

I *think* Simms was booked last year which might make a difference if the calculation is tight. Although he doesn’t mention the board pay offs which obviously don’t repeat this season either. There will also be very chunky legal costs for the PSR cases.

So probably not much in it either way and that would tie in with Ornstein saying we didn’t have much to do. The problem is even if it’s a small amount and we don’t in theory need to punt a big player where do we find it? We are pretty much out of puntable academy assets.

Everton

Will be interesting how villa gets around PSR looking at buying Maatsen from Chelsea for £35 million so there must be a couple of big sales

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back