Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Well selling hasn’t helped us and look at forest with Johnson. So I’m not sure. Also it’s been mentioned we’re not in a bad as state as been previously talked about like, administration/fire sale nonsense. So who knows how much we’re off, if any
Well we only need to wait less than 2 weeks to find out.

I'm also sure our constant "bad press" has probably affected our sponsorship also.

Would you want to be linked to a club that constantly generates "bad press"?

Guess that's why we have Castore, Stake and Kick.
Our deal with Castore is bette than villa’s Adidas one, what did you say about bad press

So if we haven’t sold anyone by June 30th we will sell Branthwaite for 40/45 mil??
Definitely not happening, I think the club would take the points, which has been mentioned on a few pods I’ve listened to

Couldn't care what any "pods" say - IMO, we'll sell him for whatever we can get - less than we want if nobody else is sold.

There's no way we get to July without having sold at least £25/30m worth of players.

Man Utd will just wait - knowing time is well on their side while Everton try and flog anyone else.

Couldn't care what any "pods" say - IMO, we'll sell him for whatever we can get - less than we want if nobody else is sold.

There's no way we get to July without having sold at least £25/30m worth of players.

Man Utd will just wait - knowing time is well on their side while Everton try and flog anyone else.
Well maybe you should start listening to them, you may learn something. Where did you get 25/30 mil from ???

Well maybe you should start listening to them, you may learn something. Where did you get 25/30 mil from ???

*Bookmarks.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 144428.webp

I said probably.

That's 1 deal and it just highlights how bad Villas deal is more than anything.

Villa have a board member involved with Adidas - a fairly significant shareholder.

I know they've also agreed a £40m shirt sponsorship for 2 years. Not sure what we get for Stake.

I said probably.

That's 1 deal and it just highlights how bad Villas deal is more than anything.
But it’s the first deal linked to the new ground, 7th best deal in the prem, ok that’s noting to shout about, bit considering where we’ve been the last 3 years, it’s a good start

Villa have a board member involved with Adidas - a fairly significant shareholder.

I know they've also agreed a £40m shirt sponsorship for 2 years. Not sure what we get for Stake.
Are Adidas supply the kit and sponsoring it as well for 40mil I read they get 17mil a year off adidas for supply the kit, were getting 20mil off Castore. Even with a crap stake sponsorship it’s more than 40

Ok so they say i'm a bit concerned about the whole financial thing theres a lot of reports about points deductions and administration I'm not feeling that at all and we say no nothing to worry about and then a couple of months later say haha yeah that was a lie sorry we knew this was coming. That sounds like a good way to keep players happy and get a good name for ourselves you're right.

It wouldnt be the first or only fib ever told during recruitment.

Exactly, you say, sure we have had problems in the past, but we”re fully confident they have been rectified and are compliant, here’s 70k a week and have you seen our new ground.

Even if we aren’t or are compliant - that’s going to be at play in recruitment anyway.

I don’t think we ever intended to break the rule, I think we”re badly incompetent.

Be a stupid player and agent that believes any football club anyway.

They all come in and are told the club are building and want to challenge for trophies etc.

It wouldnt be the first or only fib ever told during recruitment.

Exactly, you say, sure we have problems in the past, but we”re fully confident they have been rectifoed and are compliant. Even if we aren’t or are - that’s going to be at play in recruitment anyway.

I don’t think we ever intended to break the rule, I think we”re badly incompetent.

Be a stupid player and agent that believes a football club anyway.

They all come in and are told the club are building and want to challenge for trophies etc.
Points deductions are different to any of that. Players don't want to work hard for points that get taken off them for things outside their control and don't want to find themselves in false positions in the league because the club hasn't looked after its finances. Its a stupid idea and i'd be amazed and really annoyed if we do it as will pretty much everyone involved in the entire sport.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back