Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You recognise the full profit on sale day 1

You amortise the cost of the signing pro rata over the contract. So say an 8m signing only costs 2m year 1 if its a 4 year deal.

It makes sense for the accounts. But surprised villa want Dobbin.

Goes to be part of a champs league squad.

Bet he's buzzing.

Us 🤝 Villa
(Screwing over the Prem)

There's a reason ours is the most played top-flight fixture. You don't get to be that without being crafty.
I’ve been saying for ages these silly deals would happen. For all we know they could be sold back on July 1st.

If as has been reported we are pretty close on PSR this might be enough. It’s clever.

Yes although there are 2 separate arguments to that

We've been ran terribly from a financial viewpoint.

But do the rules actually serve any purpose ?

Villa have spent well and got CL football. Its farcical they are now forced to sell before they can try and kick on again.

The rules serve no purpose. Other than maintaining the position of the top 6. And ensuring that when a team outside the top 6 have success (like Villa), they cant just keep spending to maintain their success.

Err, I mean both clubs have spent too much, brought in too little, and now are forced to do stuff like this. As much as I hate PSR let's not pretend the clubs are innocent here otherwise every club in the league would be PSR safe.

From a quick check Villa's net spend recently has been -£80m, -£45m, -£3m, -£100m, -£155m so they very much have NOT spent well :lol:

Err, I mean both clubs have spent too much, brought in too little, and now are forced to do stuff like this. As much as I hate PSR let's not pretend the clubs are innocent here otherwise every club in the league would be PSR safe.

From a quick check Villa's net spend recently has been -£80m, -£45m, -£3m, -£100m, -£155m so they very much have NOT spent well :lol:
They have something to show for it. They have champions league football

Teams like Chelsea and United don't and they've spent more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back