Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Is there a world where this minteh fella is just another vlasic or lookman because we ended up selling vlasic for like 14 mil and lookman for 20 mil and there’s no way this minty fella can be worth around 40 mil after just one loan spell. He isn’t even prem proven yet.

If Thelwell pulls off some three card monte with DCL to Newcastle exchange for Minteh he deserves incredible props for how he's been moving in this window. Im assuming we are paying a difference in such a deal, but the question of how much is really hard to discern. If his eval is around 40 million I don't see how that's feasible unless DCL pays for half of that the other way. Then we start to enter some plausible ground. 20 million for a touted winger in exchange for an expiring contract is not ludicrous although arguable.

But removed of if our limited resources would be better served allocated elsewhere, Thelwell is proving nifty. To try to cook a trade for a player we would be loosing almost certainly in 12 months to lower the asking price of a target is savvy. And the same in the Villa deal. Not sure who initiated the Dobbin deal but I think we got the better end of that talent wise with Iroegbunam regardless of both motivated by PSR. Who knows where Iroegbunam shakes out but I was pretty sure Dobbin wasnt an EPL level talent.

Last edited:

If Thelwell pulls off some three card monte with DCL to Newcastle exchange for Minteh he deserves incredible props to how he's moving in this window thus far. Im assuming we are paying a difference in such a deal, but the question of how much is really hard to discern. If his eval is around 40 million I don't see how that's feasible unless DCL pays for half of that the other way. Then we start to enter some plausible ground. 20 million for a touted winger in exchange for an expiring contract is not ludicrous although arguable.

But removed of if our limited resources would be better served allocated elsewhere, Thelwell is proving nifty. To try to cook a trade for a player we would be loosing almost certainly in 12 months to lower the asking price of a target is savvy. And the same in the Villa deal. Not sure who initiated the Dobbin deal but I think we got the better end of that talent wise with Iroegbunam.
The only issue is that the amortisation is recurring annually so you need to keep the trick going year on year.

“hey, barcodes. We will give you an extra 10m for Minty if you give us an extra 10m for DCL … deal ?”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back