Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hold the rope (reins) is idiomatic French that loosely means ‘have control’ or ‘in close contact’ depending on the context so ‘currently holding the rope’ probably means we are currently best placed.

Like everyone outside of the best NUFC journos they will only be speculating and probably trying to downplay the chances of Lyon, Marseille (the reported fee seems unlikely to be one they can meet).

If eg Keith Downie says we are signing him I will take notice.
Well he's on the smash with the tartan army currently

Gutted if we don’t sign this guy, who I’d never heard of until yesterday.

This is a very concerning window tbh. Probably losing DCL, Onana and maybe Branthwaite. Got a bad feeling any quality players will be giving us a wide berth.

….with the takeover, I think there’s a pre-30th June window and a post-30th June window. With the takeover, I’d expect we could be in the market for acquisitions in the post-30th market but not big bucks. If DCL leaves then I expect monies will be found for a replacement central striker because Maupay, Chermiti and Beto are simply not good enough.

The big concern is if it’s Thelwell searching for a replacement. We are dependent on a effective DoF, unless Friedkin is using a different resource to identify talent.

guessing theyl sell bruno?

City want him but wont pay £100m. They are trying to offload Anderson who Im surprised at. Their fans are kicking off that they are willing to part with Minteh and Anderson, but nobody wants to buy Almiron, Longstaff etc. They need a sale of some sort before next Sunday by all accounts.

He is. But he is a serious downgrade from Branthwaite. Could really set us up if we manage to bring in some clever transfers AND keep Branthwaite. Think this should only happen if Branthwaite asks to leave tbh.

We have such little quality that it is imperative that we keep as much of what we do have as possible.
I want a backup cb this window if he stays or leaves then feel we need two. Gives us time to give the other cb time and hopefully grow stronger during the season. Was never going to replace him with the same quality but is important we do get a good cb

You have a point - with McNeil, Coleman and Ashley Young...Matt Ritchie would be a better fit at Everton. Just have to fit his appearances around his Lorry driving schedule.

Jokes aside Murphy in my view is an upgrade on any of those listed above for likely less than half the value being placed on Minteh.

If you were looking for another player for a potential Part Exchange, both Sean Longstaff and Callum Wilson are also in the last year of their contracts.
I kno this is not serious but why on earth would we be after murphy might be less money but is not the profile the club will be after. Will be looking for young talent to be backup to mcneil harrison get game time and look to grow into the team. Then on a free yes club might look at him but money on him no, then wilson yes but again old and injury prone wont be a player we will look at. Is fine that clubs like you can look at us and think the club is down and out but club is on the rise. New owner and stadium we can really start to build again if you read about the new owners we wont be going after crap from other teams

….with the takeover, I think there’s a pre-30th June window and a post-30th June window. With the takeover, I’d expect we could be in the market for acquisitions in the post-30th market but not big bucks. If DCL leaves then I expect monies will be found for a replacement central striker because Maupay, Chermiti and Beto are simply not good enough.

The big concern is if it’s Thelwell searching for a replacement. We are dependent on a effective DoF, unless Friedkin is using a different resource to identify talent.
There's been some v encouraging links so far, presumably driven by Thelwell

However, predictably for you, you're trying to find fault with him already. Anything negative is his fault, but anything positive has nothing to do with him. Like a broken record.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back