Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hold the rope (reins) is idiomatic French that loosely means ‘have control’ or ‘in close contact’ depending on the context so ‘currently holding the rope’ probably means we are currently best placed.

Like everyone outside of the best NUFC journos they will only be speculating and probably trying to downplay the chances of Lyon, Marseille (the reported fee seems unlikely to be one they can meet).

If eg Keith Downie says we are signing him I will take notice.

Newcastle want DCL, but they also need to sell before June 30th like a few others. Cant imagine anyone else throwing £30m at them right now.

I see it as a bit of a mutually assured destruction.

If we dont help them on the PSR then they may face a pts deduction. Also they wont be able to invest what they want without sales.

If they dont sign DCL we may have the same issue plus his contract is a ticking time bomb.

Lyon, Dortmund, Roma and the RS have all now been linked with Minteh. Better for both clubs if a deal can be done this coming week.

We’ve got to tell Newcastle it’s no deal on DCL, unless Minteh comes the other way.

Hopefully it pushes the others out the race…

…all good and well but the player will also have a say in where he goes.

Have to say, I’ve not thought of this as a likely move, certainly not before the end of this month and not if we have secured Harrison.

Other than the mercurial Jacob Murphy, who else do you think? Matt Richie?
You have a point - with McNeil, Coleman and Ashley Young...Matt Ritchie would be a better fit at Everton. Just have to fit his appearances around his Lorry driving schedule.

Jokes aside Murphy in my view is an upgrade on any of those listed above for likely less than half the value being placed on Minteh.

If you were looking for another player for a potential Part Exchange, both Sean Longstaff and Callum Wilson are also in the last year of their contracts.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back