Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I meant in terms on needing to replace the players, not so much the wages "saved".

IF, IF we can get the likes of Holgate, Keane, Maupay out the door, we will be pretty light regarding wastage.
Maupay and holgate wont be losses really. But Keane going leaves us with only 3 actual CBs.

We also have Coleman, Young, Gana and Doucoure who will have their contracts ending and Harrison’s loan ending again.

Going to be have a fair bit of business to do.

I think this is why we might not sell him this window.

Its likely we sell DCL and Onana, which allows us to buy Ndiaye and an Onana replacement.

What then?

Maybe another Winger?

Then thats probably our spending done this window, unless we can shift a few others.

Next Year we have a lot of contracts ending and Branners sale will be REALLY helpful then.
Looking at the squad as is, a right back and a wide player are the moves I think we need to make.

If we sell dcl then he will also need replacing. Ndiaye most likely being signed to play behind the striker and we can't be going into the season with just Beto and Chermiti as options up top.

Considering Onana had more or less lost his place by the end of last season I wouldn't be surprised if our plan is to have the new boy Timmy and Doucs cover his spot for this season and focus our spending on attacking players.

Agree though that next season is the time to get max profit from Branthwaite and fully rebuild the squad.

Looking at the squad as is, a right back and a wide player are the moves I think we need to make.

If we sell dcl then he will also need replacing. Ndiaye most likely being signed to play behind the striker and we can't be going into the season with just Beto and Chermiti as options up top.

Considering Onana had more or less lost his place by the end of last season I wouldn't be surprised if our plan is to have the new boy Timmy and Doucs cover his spot for this season and focus our spending on attacking players.

Agree though that next season is the time to get max profit from Branthwaite and fully rebuild the squad.
I just dont see us getting a RB in when we have 3 in the squad currently.

And I think KT might consider the money spent on Beto and Chermo and think they can replace DCL, hes wrong, but I wouldnt be surprised if thats the thinking.

As for Onana, replacing him with Tim would be quite risky and I think we replace him if he goes.

We 100% need a Winger.

And I think KT might consider the money spent on Beto and Chermo and think they can replace DCL, hes wrong, but I wouldnt be surprised if thats the thinking.

As for Onana, replacing him with Tim would be quite risky and I think we replace him if he goes.

We 100% need a Winger.
Agree with all of this, think it will be a case of playing the hand we're dealt tbh.

If we manage to shift Godfrey then I can see us moving for a RB. Likewise, if DCL won't sign a new contract then we don't have much choice but to sell, although you're right that we will really struggle to replace him with the money available.

Will be lots of moving pieces all summer, and considering the number of signings needed I can see there being one area of the pitch we end up slightly short in.

Only certainly is surely a wide player as you've said.

Agree with all of this, think it will be a case of playing the hand we're dealt tbh.

If we manage to shift Godfrey then I can see us moving for a RB. Likewise, if DCL won't sign a new contract then we don't have much choice but to sell, although you're right that we will really struggle to replace him with the money available.

Will be lots of moving pieces all summer, and considering the number of signings needed I can see there being one area of the pitch we end up slightly short in.

Only certainly is surely a wide player as you've said.
Agree, im basing this on the info I have currently.

If the rumours are true and Dyche wants rid of Patto it opens up a spot
Same thing regarding Maupay, Godfrey, Holgate and Keane

Still a whole 2 months of the window left and so far we have dipped a toe.

Its likely we sell DCL and Onana, which allows us to buy Ndiaye and an Onana replacement.

What then?

Maybe another Winger?

Then thats probably our spending done this window, unless we can shift a few others.

Next Year we have a lot of contracts ending and Branners sale will be REALLY helpful then.
We sell DCl , then Ndiaye is not a replacement he is not a number 9. He plays as a ten or across the front he can play as a split striker but he won't be leading the line. We would 100% have to buy one I just hope its not Broja.

We sell DCl , then Ndiaye is not a replacement he is not a number 9. He plays as a ten or across the front he can play as a split striker but he won't be leading the line. We would 100% have to buy one I just hope its not Broja.
You would think, im not totally convinced we will.

If DCL leaves I think we need to replace him, as I said, I dont know if KT shares that view.

If DCL leaves I think we need to replace him, as I said, I dont know if KT shares that view.
He shouldn't be DOF if that's the case Beto is very raw and not very good at holding the ball up, I think he would get goals but we would struggle with the ball coming back at us. Chermiti needs a loan. Ndiaye can't lead a line in a Dyche team on his own. We need a target man and a right sided winger.

He shouldn't be DOF if that's the case Beto is very raw and not very good at holding the ball up, I think he would get goals but we would struggle with the ball coming back at us. Chermiti needs a loan. Ndiaye can't lead a line in a Dyche team on his own. We need a target man and a right sided winger.
Im just 2nd guessing the man, console yourself that im always wrong.

We 100% need a Winger.
Agree i would understand late on in the window we have two wingers in the squd and young 🙄. Still need another two just get the links unless we get sales to.

How much coordination do you think is currently in place between the friedkins and Kev? I wouldn't be surprised to see Tammy Abraham mooted on loan in the near future as he just ensured his own injury nightmare , since he's not a primary striker at the moment could be looking for an opportunity to revitalize his career , so a move from roma seems like a potential scenario in my mind

What then?

Maybe another Winger?

I don’t think Ndiaye is a replacement for DCL. He’s someone who can play right wing or behind a main striker.

If we sell DCL I expect us to sign a target man. We’ve been linked with Adebayo from Luton and Tammy Abrahams from Roma

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back