Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think under the circumstances Kev has done a decent job. And now it seems no interference from kenwright, moshiri and Kia.
He’s signed some kid from villa reserves. Underwhelming jack Harrison and got rid of Ben Godfrey.

The rest are, at the moment rumours.

We still have maupay and Beto in the forward positons. I think the time to start congratulating Kev is a long way off.

How have we steadied the ship?

We were around relegation places, then we got the points deduction and ended up in the relegation zone.

Then we went 14 games without a win. How is that steadying any ship?
We picked up 48 points, the same as Brighton.
I would call that steadying the ship. The points deduction had nothing to do with Dyche apart from not allowing us to spend money to avoid falling foul of PSR again

In my opinion it makes no sense to say that Dyche has not done a really good job where after two years battling relegation right up to the last day of the season we were safe with some matches to go even with a points deuction last season.

Broja for DCL would be a terrible deal.

In fact so bad that I'd rather keep him for a year and let him go on a free rather than doing that deal.
Dom will sign a new deal, come back fully fit for the season coming up, hit the back of the net in a joyful manner. And a lot of posters will be eating there words by the end of 24/25 ( Just need the lad back to Carlo days and spend a lot more time in the box ) Hope you're reading this Dyche...

He would have to be paid his whole salary. Why would he be willing to accept half of it when there’s no guarantee he gets another club etc

Depends if he wants to actually play or not.

We could agree to pay him out half and then he could go and sign for another club on 35k a week for 5 years … he would be getting the same amount this season in wages and secure himself a new 5 year deal somewhere.

Not saying he would go for that but that’s the only scenario that I can see where we may not have to pay him all his wages

If both clubs agree to a very similar valuation, I could still see this happening.

Any deal where we have pay additional cash as part of the trade, is a bad deal for Everton. Our player is the one who has played many years at this level.

If we do then you can basically use 40m as the swap number.

If Lyon have offered that for minty then the skunks can show that , if it’s a straight swap for DCl then that means he is the same value.

Both clubs get 40m off the PSR, well the get 34m off as they signed him last year for 6m.

But that’s a pretty substantial adjustment for both clubs.

He’s signed some kid from villa reserves. Underwhelming jack Harrison and got rid of Ben Godfrey.

We still have maupay and Beto in the forward positons. I think the time to start congratulating Kev is a long way off.

I wasn’t congratulating him. We had to get loans and free’s , Harrison has cost us wages only for 2 seasons, he’s not the best player but we need numbers. Maupay was deadline day after we missed out on kudus and few other strikers, the rumour is he wanted guirassy, but was out voted
Beto again was a situation where we had no money.
Gibbs white was another we were close to signing, if you believe the rumours

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back