Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Myko defensively is one of the better fullbacks in the top 5 leagues including European comps.

We desperately need a RB but otherwise our defence is quality.

He is not a cl level player , if he was he would be playing in the cl …

Cl level players play in teams that spend a lot of time in possession and use there full backs to provide width and crosses … he doesn’t do that

Next couple of days are gonna be nuts aren't they? not just for us but across the Prem.
I thought we’d be busy but I fear we may now sit it out and hope for the best re PSR / interest hearing etc.

Not much talk of alternative interest in DCL and sounds like Newcastle may have found their swap deal with Forest so there might not be much on the table for us.

Hope I’m wrong because I’m sick of sweating buckets over PSR and outcomes of hearings.

Kind of. We weren't on the verge of administration though and fighting to keep the lights on due to crippling debt repayments. Obviously we are still restricted in what we can spend now, it just appears that MSP repayment, along with the Dobbin and Godfrey sales - probably add the shirt deal in the mix, has transformed this window for us. What looked desperate now looks hopeful.

It might be only a tiny bit of the above and Everton know the sales of DCL, Onana and possibly Branthwaite mean we can splash the cash without worrying.

Hopefully as we are in desperate need of reinforcements

Disadvantaged? They’ve done nothing but bend over for those 6 teams. When will they realise that it’s not those teams that drive revenue, it’s the competition within the league (as limited as it is). It’s precisely because United are 8th and get beaten that people watch. If he wants an example of a team with no disadvantages he can look at the viewing figures of Ligue un.

Disadvantaged in the sense they have the largest revenue in a restricted spending regime where the amount you can spend is limited by revenue? 🧐

Some people make a lot of money by being brave, honest, entrepreneurial, dedicated, patient, and through the realisation that their colleagues and employees are what enables and delivers performance. Others are sanctimonious, cry-arsing faux bullies that do not realise when they stamp their feet it looks pathetic, but sadly it often works.

I thought we’d be busy but I fear we may now sit it out and hope for the best re PSR / interest hearing etc.

Not much talk of alternative interest in DCL and sounds like Newcastle may have found their swap deal with Forest so there might not be much on the table for us.

Hope I’m wrong because I’m sick of sweating buckets over PSR and outcomes of hearings.
It's still June...

A few seasons ago Broja was this forum’s favourite. Now he’s the worst possible signing we could make. This place. Its Bielsa all over again ‘we should have gone for him, why didn’t we go for Bielsa’ then when we actually are linked with him ‘oh god no not him he’ll take us down’.
I would have taken a chance on him even last season as a backuo to dcl as he can play across the front 3. Problem for me is if he is dcl replacement we have beto who has not shown us much and chermitii who i rate but is to soon be first choice. Just seems massive risk for me

A few seasons ago Broja was this forum’s favourite. Now he’s the worst possible signing we could make. This place. Its Bielsa all over again ‘we should have gone for him, why didn’t we go for Bielsa’ then when we actually are linked with him ‘oh god no not him he’ll take us down’.

Yeah, its not like the lads been crippled with injuries and scored sod all goals in those 2 seasons is it.

You do realise that 2 season is a massive amount of time to change a view on a player?

And what has Broja done in those few seasons. Nothing. He's no longer an exciting prospect, he's proven to be a forward who doesn't score many goals in the Premier League despite having plenty of playing time. Not changing your opinion when the evidence changes is the weird thing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back