Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

That’s still a big if though of course. We’re in the tricky position of rightly holding out on Branthwaite but as we do so potential replacements will come off the table.

He’s played a bit at LB so I guess if he was backup CB and backup LB he’d see action one way or another but yeah, he’s not a kid so he’d maybe not want a season as a backup, even if that was likely to only be for one season.
Buy him & loan him to PSV.

Doubt we could convince Greaves to come here as a back-up if Branthwaite stays.

Think Greaves might think Branthwaite won't be here longer than next season, looks a bargain for both of them like and it might make Ipswich think...well Holgate and Keane maybe surplus to requirements, y'know premier league proven, bags of experience.. Nurse my meds !

Think Greaves might think Branthwaite won't be here longer than next season, looks a bargain for both of them like and it might make Ipswich think...well Holgate and Keane maybe surplus to requirements, y'know premier league proven, bags of experience.. Nurse my meds !

Turns 24 this September, I just can't see him fancying parking his arse for a year.

Teden Mengi from Luton? Thought he was terrific against us last year. Can't find out how long he has on his contract but think it's only one year so Luton will look to sell rather than get nothing next year. Perhaps offer them £5m and Holgate as part exchange? Holgate needs to find a club asap as he only has one year on his contract left with us - if he lets it run down then yes he still would have been paid his £70k p.w. but he'll find it very difficult getting anyone to give him a contract next year if he spends a year sitting in the changing room. And he's still only 27 so he needs to go somewhere where he'll get a 3/4 year contract and some security.

Teden Mengi from Luton? Thought he was terrific against us last year. Can't find out how long he has on his contract but think it's only one year so Luton will look to sell rather than get nothing next year. Perhaps offer them £5m and Holgate as part exchange? Holgate needs to find a club asap as he only has one year on his contract left with us - if he lets it run down then yes he still would have been paid his £70k p.w. but he'll find it very difficult getting anyone to give him a contract next year if he spends a year sitting in the changing room. And he's still only 27 so he needs to go somewhere where he'll get a 3/4 year contract and some security.
It's not footy manager mate. You don't just offer up arbitrary figures and random unwanted players on the hope they'll just roll over and let us tickle their chins !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back