Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We don't know how much he'd change it if he had the opportunity to but even if he wouldn't change it much we still need options there definitely at least one more player in my opinion and I wouldn't mind two.
Dyche has been a manager for more than enough time to know exactly how he operates and what his default setting is. He does things the way he does them, because that's how he's always done them. We may not have lots of quality options all around the pitch, but we do have a guy who plays the same style every week no matter what, the same formation every week no matter what, usually the same players, same tactical plan, same subs at the same time etc. "Change" is not a word I would associate with Dyche.

Dyche has been a manager for more than enough time to know exactly how he operates and what his default setting is. He does things the way he does them, because that's how he's always done them. We may not have lots of quality options all around the pitch, but we do have a guy who plays the same style every week no matter what, the same formation every week no matter what, usually the same players, same tactical plan, same subs at the same time etc. "Change" is not a word I would associate with Dyche.
I agree to a point. But at no point during his tenure here or at Burnley would he have got better results playing expansive football.

That doesn't contradict what i'm saying at all though I've said today in his thread we know he won't change that much and we know he values players who work hard and keep their tactical discipline. If he had the option to take one player with those attributes and replace them with another player who also has them then he'd probably make more changes than he does when he's replacing a player who does the things he likes with one who doesn't which would have been the case last year it seems pretty obvious to me anyway.

I agree to a point. But at no point during his tenure here or at Burnley would he have got better results playing expansive football.
That doesn't contradict what i'm saying at all though I've said today in his thread we know he won't change that much and we know he values players who work hard and keep their tactical discipline. If he had the option to take one player with those attributes and replace them with another player who also has them then he'd probably make more changes than he does when he's replacing a player who does the things he likes with one who doesn't which would have been the case last year it seems pretty obvious to me anyway.
I get what you're saying. It could all be a bit moot of course, as I suspect Dyche will be out the door once the takeover goes through (assuming it does).

Who do you think they want to replace him with?
Who knows - I guess it that would be a question for whatever sporting people the new owners want in place, and what their objectives are.

They had one of the most successful managers in the history of the game at Roma and delivered a European trophy, so I doubt the extent of their ambition will be to stick with a guy whose greatest achievement in a dozen years of management is once finished in the top half of the table.

Who knows - I guess it that would be a question for whatever sporting people the new owners want in place, and what their objectives are.

They had one of the most successful managers in the history of the game at Roma and delivered a European trophy, so I doubt the extent of their ambition will be to stick with a guy whose greatest achievement in a dozen years of management is once finished in the top half of the table.
Gallardo is a free man I think?? I know what you mean about wanting success, but I wonder if they’ll stick with him for a season for stability?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back