Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ronnie Edwards to Southampton. Great deal that. Personally think the lad will be a good player in time. Maybe not Prem ready just yet but bags of potential

Gallardo is a free man I think?? I know what you mean about wanting success, but I wonder if they’ll stick with him for a season for stability?
All depends on when the takeover goes through, assuming it does.

Dyche is in the final year of his deal, so if the new guys are in place pretty quick I'd think they'll act swiftly if they can get who they want. If the takeover doesn't happen til about half way through the season, they may well keep Dyche for the final few months and give themselves time to work on their plans.

If there is a reasonable kitty left, I'd like us to focus on our right hand side. Think it would completely transform our team from a 14th - 11th to possibly knocking on the European places. If we got the right players of course.

All depends on when the takeover goes through, assuming it does.

Dyche is in the final year of his deal, so if the new guys are in place pretty quick I'd think they'll act swiftly if they can get who they want. If the takeover doesn't happen til about half way through the season, they may well keep Dyche for the final few months and give themselves time to work on their plans.
I would be shocked if Dyche wasn't in charge at the start of the season. To your point he has one year left on his deal and I think they'll treat it as a prove it year. The question will be, Now that you have a stable enviroment, no external noise and a better roster, can you lead this team to european football? If he can do that I think they'll keep him and if not we will have someone new in next year.

I would be shocked if Dyche wasn't in charge at the start of the season. To your point he has one year left on his deal and I think they'll treat it as a prove it year. The question will be, Now that you have a stable enviroment, no external noise and a better roster, can you lead this team to european football? If he can do that I think they'll keep him and if not we will have someone new in next year.
We'll have to wait and see but I'd be astonished if 1 year from today Dyche is the manager of Everton Football Club under new owners. I cannot see someone as successful and ambitious as Friedkin clearly is spending half a billion quid/dollars on a football team and keeping someone else's managerial appointment in the hotseat.

We can all talk about "aiming for Europe" but that's also going to be the aim for Newcastle and Brighton and Villa and West Ham and Spurs etc etc, and they are all ahead of where we currently are. We have a manager who has been relegated 3 or 4 times, never won anything, finished in the top half once in about 12 years of his career, and has a 32% win rate here. I'd be shocked if Dyche cuts the mustard for where Friedkin will want -and expect- this club to be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back