Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Attacking wingbacks maybe ? And to be fair every team needs competition for places. We definitely need more pace especially out wide, four players battling for two places should improve their performance, everyone wants to play.
Rotating for certain games,coming off the bench they would get plenty of playing time. But wouldn't it be nice to see a skillful winger beating men , being direct and full of pace. Or McSlow trying to get it on his left foot.

It was in his deep dive on Everton’s Finances which is a long 20+ page piece but Citizens of Suburbia, who is also good, has done a post today and reached pretty much exactly the same conclusions. The short article he links to is a good summary. There are one or two things in it that are not 100% accurate but the overall picture and conclusions look about right to this humble accountant.
So it looks like Swiss Ramble is behind a paywall and he doesn't seem to talk about that on twitter itself. I took a look at the Citizens of Suburbia and while much of it lines up, my issues with it are 4 fold.

1. His numbers are ALL based on the PL retroactively hitting us with increased expenses for prior years at 17-23m. Obviously if they just come back and assign us with large extra expenses than us being comfortably under PSR changes.
2. Theres a 17m difference between where he has the wages and where I estimated them based on what sites said player wages likely were, we will see.
3. There seems to be a 7m gap with the final PSR allowances to PSR loss? He doesn't appear to explain it at any point, but he has operating profit, then exceptional items and non-stadium interest, and then removes PSR allowances. But every year there's roughly 7m that's not listed or accounted for in his estimates.
4. There's a heavy forecast of non-stadium interest for the upcoming books, but no explanation as to why and he never mentions it.

All told at least a 35m+ difference based on some guesses.

Think Greaves might think Branthwaite won't be here longer than next season, looks a bargain for both of them like and it might make Ipswich think...well Holgate and Keane maybe surplus to requirements, y'know premier league proven, bags of experience.. Nurse my meds !
I certainly hope so, I would think they could show him the 1600 minutes Godfrey and Keane got and that was with us desperately trying to NOT play them. Im sure Tarkowski could use some breathers as he gets older.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back