Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hopefully an indicator Branthwaite is still unlikely to leave. In a perfect world you'd buy someone like Greaves to bed in for a year then replace Branthwaite in due course but if money is still tight it probably needs to be spent elsewhere.

There's also not been too much linking us to Greaves so maybe we just don't fancy him.
Agree still think we will be trying to do that just price and he starting for them prob got the move done
we’re losing another player

to ipswich?

the end is nigh
All depends on the price we have a limit lets see what the club dies this window is alot of good cb outside of england who we could get for even half the price. I hope the club have a list of cb ready to go

They will come straight back down Ipswich
They'll certainly be favourites for the drop (TBF they were playing in the 3rd tier two years ago so they probably never expected to be in the Prem this soon). Saints & Leics will be far better teams than Shef & Burnley last season (hard to be worse I suppose) so the bottom 3 could be very tricky to call.

Leicester could be done with 8 points at start of season is hard come back from that if ither teams have good starts. Pressure with new manager aswell and with naybe all teams passing psr this season. Think will be tough on all three teams who have come up

They'll certainly be favourites for the drop (TBF they were playing in the 3rd tier two years ago so they probably never expected to be in the Prem this soon). Saints & Leics will be far better teams than Shef & Burnley last season (hard to be worse I suppose) so the bottom 3 could be very tricky to call.

Leicester could be done with 8 points at start of season is hard come back from that if ither teams have good starts. Pressure with new manager aswell and with naybe all teams passing psr this season. Think will be tough on all three teams who have come up
Yeah I generally meant all things being equal/excluding points deductions which other teams could also find themselves having, who knows. I'd think Saints and Leics view themselves as "Prem teams" who just happened to slip out the league for a year; certainly levels ahead of Burnley and Sheffield. I don't think the bottom 3 this season will be anywhere as close to being as clear cut as it was last season, subject to points deductions of course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back