Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I am not shooting the messenger, but Simon Jones makes stuff up.

Just coming off an injury plagued season and with the squad 'Madrid' have at the mo, he's got no chance to be playing regularly next season.
The best and most likely thing they could do to improve him by getting him game-time is Loan him out...
And my point is, if he were available for loan, there'd be a queue of clubs way ahead of us in the pecking order. Clubs that can offer Champ League or Europa League, clubs that can offer a chance of winning a trophy, clubs with top players and top coaches who will improve him. The "turkish Messi" isn't coming here for a relegation battle/midtable push under a manager who likes low possession, direct football and isn't exactly known for developing teenage foreign starlets.

And my point is, if he were available for loan, there'd be a queue of clubs way ahead of us in the pecking order. Clubs that can offer Champ League or Europa League, clubs that can offer a chance of winning a trophy, clubs with top players and top coaches who will improve him. The "turkish Messi" isn't coming here for a relegation battle/midtable push under a manager who likes low possession, direct football and isn't exactly known for developing teenage foreign starlets.
And my point was, he would be a tasty loan to go for. I never said it was a realistic move that was in process, I'd never even heard of the lad before the Euro's.

As for Madrid Loaning him out, he wouldn't be going to any top Spanish Team, In fact he wouldn't be heading to warm the bench of any top team.
He would be sent out for Game - Time so he can progress his game.

Imagine thinking he wouldn't play when our first choice winger is Jack Harrison
Imagine thinking our manager, who never ever does anything different, picks players based on anything other than who he likes. Our "star striker" went 20 games without a goal, but was in the team every week. Ashley Old Young played god knows how many times whilst the RB we spent about £15m on sat on the bench every week. Can't be doing with another year of watching Jack Harrison zipping down right wing only to cut in on his left as all momentum gets lost.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back