Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ian Durrant and Duncan Ferguson was a loan, probably the biggest I can remember
It was rare in the 80's, but we were one of the biggest clubs then. Think there was someone on loan, played in a derby we got stuffed and he never played again. Was earlier part of Howard's time, before we started winning things.

I seem to remember, bit was against Premier league rules to loan player from the same division in the 90's?

Moyes used the loan market well. Pienarr and Langdon Donivan stick out.

It was rare in the 80's, but we were one of the biggest clubs then. Think there was someone on loan, played in a derby we got stuffed and he never played again. Was earlier part of Howard's time, before we started winning things.

I seem to remember, bit was against Premier league rules to loan player from the same division in the 90's?

Glenn Keeley

Moyes was brilliant with loans

I think Yobo, Arteta and Howard all began with loans too

Fernandes, Donovan, Jo (the first time) all decent too

Find it personally bizarre the people who have a problem with us helping Dele. Frankly it didn't work out, but it's done now, what is the negative is helping him recover? I truly do believe that if the club was to help him get back into a good state mentally and physically, he'd be happy to repay the kindness and play for us if he was able.

Even in the most pure cynical way, there's no reason people shouldn't look at this the same as Eriksen when he went to Brentford after his health issues because no one else would touch him. On a footballing level, the upside of doing this is amazing (if it worked out). Frankly this club is worth hundreds of millions of pounds, Moshiri and Kenwright are the ones who ruined it, I could not really care less about people thinking Dele "stole a wage" here or any of that nonsense, he signed and honoured a contract that was offered to him, it's not his fault that the people running the club were clueless, if we were footballers going to a club you didn't support you'd do the exact same thing.

Find it personally bizarre the people who have a problem with us helping Dele. Frankly it didn't work out, but it's done now, what is the negative is helping him recover? I truly do believe that if the club was to help him get back into a good state mentally and physically, he'd be happy to repay the kindness and play for us if he was able.

Even in the most pure cynical way, there's no reason people shouldn't look at this the same as Eriksen when he went to Brentford after his health issues because no one else would touch him. On a footballing level, the upside of doing this is amazing (if it worked out). Frankly this club is worth hundreds of millions of pounds, Moshiri and Kenwright are the ones who ruined it, I could not really care less about people thinking Dele "stole a wage" here or any of that nonsense, he signed and honoured a contract that was offered to him, it's not his fault that the people running the club were clueless, if we were footballers going to a club you didn't support you'd do the exact same thing.
Support him yes. New contract no.

What does it mean to "formally enter" a race to sign someone ?

QQQUqSbJ27fl.gif

Support him yes. New contract no.
Support him, and he'd maybe be in position to be worth a contract. Regardless if he continues playing he's not gonna be on a high wage anywhere, but I also do think he'd happily take a cheap deal here. Ultimately he may never kick a football again and that might even be likely, but I think it'd be wrong morally, and also honestly business wise, to not try to get him back playing, Dele at 1/2 his best is still comfortably our best player.

Look at how much we all gush over an objectively finished James Rodriguez, and I'd still take him back this instant, think it's foolish to close a door on any player that's shown the level of quality of these lads.

I'm annoyed that we've been jerked around seemingly by Philogene's agent, but I'm not too upset about losing out on signing him. I'd rather take that money and put it towards a natural right winger. Jack's always been a left winger, so move him over with McNeil and go put a bid in for Gnonto or Asprilla.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back