Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It was rare in the 80's, but we were one of the biggest clubs then. Think there was someone on loan, played in a derby we got stuffed and he never played again. Was earlier part of Howard's time, before we started winning things.

I seem to remember, bit was against Premier league rules to loan player from the same division in the 90's?

Moyes used the loan market well. Pienarr and Langdon Donivan stick out.
Turns out Glenn Keeley..

I'm annoyed that we've been jerked around seemingly by Philogene's agent, but I'm not too upset about losing out on signing him. I'd rather take that money and put it towards a natural right winger. Jack's always been a left winger, so move him over with McNeil and go put a bid in for Gnonto or Asprilla.
At twice the price.
The price getting quoted for Philogene was/is a no brainer

At twice the price.
The price getting quoted for Philogene was/is a no brainer
Not saying that it was of equivalent value, but those are RW names that we've been linked to, so I'd rather we go for them than get into a bidding war. If there's other, cheaper options for a right winger then of course we should pursue them instead.

Not saying that it was of equivalent value, but those are RW names that we've been linked to, so I'd rather we go for them than get into a bidding war. If there's other, cheaper options for a right winger then of course we should pursue them instead.
Out of the 4 main ones mentioned (Minteh (gone), Gnonto, Philogene & Asprilla (not seen a genuine link) I'd of gone for either Philogene or Asprilla

You joke about this, but I'm fairly sure it literally translates to "little vegetable". Perhaps a Spanish speaker can assist? :lol:
Asprilla is a surname of Spanish origin, A very spiritual person who often relies on intuition for decision making. The name Asprilla means little sprout or little asparagus. This can translate to an ever-growing person.16 Mar 2022

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back