Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hopefully or Morgan Whitaker both very good players, Whitaker has more goals to his game but would love either.
I've seen Whittaker play a lot. He is a completely different type of player.

Yes he notionally plays wide right but really he is a No10 playing as a inverted right midfielder.

He is all left foot and has no pace but does have an excellent shot , can pick a pass and ability to arrive late into the box. He is very lightweight and the opposite of what you imagine Everton are looking for.

Support him, and he'd maybe be in position to be worth a contract. Regardless if he continues playing he's not gonna be on a high wage anywhere, but I also do think he'd happily take a cheap deal here. Ultimately he may never kick a football again and that might even be likely, but I think it'd be wrong morally, and also honestly business wise, to not try to get him back playing, Dele at 1/2 his best is still comfortably our best player.

Look at how much we all gush over an objectively finished James Rodriguez, and I'd still take him back this instant, think it's foolish to close a door on any player that's shown the level of quality of these lads.
Yeah, not for me though. I think the payments to Spurs need to happen at certain points etc. you could argue that if we trigger them then he is playing well enough to be in the team.

Too much of a risk for me.

Wish him well

Support him, and he'd maybe be in position to be worth a contract. Regardless if he continues playing he's not gonna be on a high wage anywhere, but I also do think he'd happily take a cheap deal here. Ultimately he may never kick a football again and that might even be likely, but I think it'd be wrong morally, and also honestly business wise, to not try to get him back playing, Dele at 1/2 his best is still comfortably our best player.

Look at how much we all gush over an objectively finished James Rodriguez, and I'd still take him back this instant, think it's foolish to close a door on any player that's shown the level of quality of these lads.
He’s not at 1% of his best mate. He’ll never be back to half his best, however you might quantify that.

The Philogene saga is hopefully a sign that we’re officially no longer soft touches on the transfer front, so there’s no way we’re gonna stake millions on the sentimental and far-fetched notion that a likeable kid who has been through a terrible ordeal is going to rediscover a fraction of his former glory.

He’s not at 1% of his best mate. He’ll never be back to half his best, however you might quantify that.

The Philogene saga is hopefully a sign that we’re officially no longer soft touches on the transfer front, so there’s no way we’re gonna stake millions on the sentimental and far-fetched notion that a likeable kid who has been through a terrible ordeal is going to rediscover a fraction of his former glory.
Agree think most of the talk has been from the media the club have put a bid in and was prob his prefered club to go. Then they hsve bid extra 2 mill and we have decided to walk away. I have no problem with this hopefully have other players ready to go for same as the minteh deal. Instead of waiting atound all summer

Agree think most of the talk has been from the media the club have put a bid in and was prob his prefered club to go. Then they hsve bid extra 2 mill and we have decided to walk away. I have no problem with this hopefully have other players ready to go for same as the minteh deal. Instead of waiting atound all summer
Assuming that’s what happened, I’m excited to see us act so decisively. Short term we may miss out on a target or two, but if it shifts perception of us by selling clubs, it’ll have been worth it. Viva la Friedkin Revolution!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back