Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….just a message I received from close family member, which is why I asked if anybody else had heard. I haven’t asked where he got it from, he’s genuinely got the info but I wouldn’t know how reliable it is or who it might relate to.

I suppose time will tell.
Thanks Alan...

I would be amazed if we’re not in for Gnonto.

He’s surely leaving Leeds and there’s been no noise around him at all, which is suspicious in itself.

It’s sometimes easier to believe that the untested players are going to come to the PL and become stars buts it’s more
often the case that they don’t.

Gnonto is a better bet given he has played in the PL, we just don’t know for sure if other championships players will nosedive in the PL.

….just a message I received from close family member, which is why I asked if anybody else had heard. I haven’t asked where he got it from, he’s genuinely got the info but I wouldn’t know how reliable it is or who it might relate to.

I suppose time will tell.
You could ask him a few questions in a subtle way and become the new itk king

I would be amazed if we’re not in for Gnonto.

He’s surely leaving Leeds and there’s been no noise around him at all, which is suspicious in itself.

It’s sometimes easier to believe that the untested players are going to come to the PL and become stars buts it’s more
often the case that they don’t.

Gnonto is a better bet given he has played in the PL, we just don’t know for sure if other championships players will nosedive in the PL.
Spurs will probably sign him when they are looking for a panic buy on deadline day

Starting to get " we tried our best " vibes from this window.
I'm probably being deluded but even if this philogene transfer doesn't materialize it seems we actually have a strategy in place to not haggle and be invested a long drawn out transfer saga like gnonto last season just feels like a more coherent vision is in placd than previous seasos, also when the friedkin's officially get involved I have the notion ,maybe misguided, that things will ramp up even further.

I could be completely wrong and I've been burned by eveton like you , so I completely comprehend the cynicism but it's incredibly early in the window usually at this time , we already sold some of better players to meet financial fair play (Godfrey was just a squad player) so for us to bring in a loan, and two new signings along with a youth prospect that might have a chance to be in the first team sooner than later I'm more optimistic than I have been in years. But it is everton so who knows

We've signed three players and it's early July mate. We are over achieving currently. Yes we all want that exciting winger but we also don't have unlimited funds.
I just posted something similar, last season we exhausted so much time and focus on the gnonto pursuit this time it seems rather than get caught in a transfer quagmire we seem to have other targets that are comparable rather than the desperation moves we were pulling at the end of the window last summer transfer. It could happen again buy right now it feels a little different

It was rare in the 80's, but we were one of the biggest clubs then. Think there was someone on loan, played in a derby we got stuffed and he never played again. Was earlier part of Howard's time, before we started winning things.

I seem to remember, bit was against Premier league rules to loan player from the same division in the 90's?

Moyes used the loan market well. Pienarr and Langdon Donivan stick out.
Glen Keeley from Blackburn, he lasted thirty-five minutes

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back