Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Whatever happened to the discussions in the last few years about shutting the transfer window prior to the 1st league game.

Did i dream up that this was to be voted on by the clubs? Did it ever get voted on?

Was it even discussed.
Hillary Clinton & the Rothschilds blocked it from happening mate...

I just had to Google "Summer transfer window 2024 dates" to learn that the window closes on 2nd Sep.

Today is 11th July.

I really need to stop checking this thread like a mad man and take a breath.

You too, Bob!
I think a lot more people need to google this, loads of people already saying we need to give United a deadline to sign Branthwaite, meaning in like a weeks time or something.
We’ve done some business early but think we are weeks away from most teams serious transfers.

I think a lot more people need to google this, loads of people already saying we need to give United a deadline to sign Branthwaite, meaning in like a weeks time or something.
We’ve done some business early but think we are weeks away from most teams serious transfers.
Think the flurry of activity around the PSR deadline has messed with people's expectations. Early July with a major tournament still on, you'd expect the market to be fairly quiet.

Shame isn't it. Everton were more than happy to go in with £15m and a 4 year contract though - unreal. Surely there is some bang average French team that would fancy him with Everton coming to some kind of deal where they contribute 25% to his salary for a season if he leaves on a permanent deal.
French clubs in a bit of a pickle at the moment. The French league havnt any deals with broadcasters for next season apparently. That was as of a couple of days ago anyway

Whatever happened to the discussions in the last few years about shutting the transfer window prior to the 1st league game.

Did i dream up that this was to be voted on by the clubs? Did it ever get voted on?

Was it even discussed.
I think it did happen for a couple of seasons but think it was changed back due to covid? Not sure why it hasn't been reverted back to closing before the league starts though

Was it even discussed.
It did happen 8/9 years ago, for window. Got vetoed the next summer after PL clubs realized it was leaving us at disadvantage vs the rest of Europe

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back